[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you excited for the singularity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Future-Brain.jpg (41KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
Future-Brain.jpg
41KB, 630x354px
Are you excited for the singularity?
>>
>>8306728
can't wait for tides of numenera to finally finish.
>>
>>8306728
Not really.
>>
>>8306728
Explain to me an idiot the Singualrity. When is it suppose to happen? Will I be murdered or seriously crippled when I did nothing wrong, but try to live my life? What will I personally gain from this?

I'm being serious.
>>
>>8307043
Singularity supposedly happens when you can first make a computer that is able to design a better computer. Which means that second computer will be able to design an even better computer and so on.

And thus you'll have a sudden development of strong AIs who will invent all kinds of useful shit for us.

The problem with that vision is that we're actually not that far from the fundamental limits of computational power so if it happens it won't have the magnitude singularists expect.
>>
>>8307067
>implying the singularity can't discover better physical structure for computation exceed human imagination.
>>
Roko's Basilisk
>>
>>8307067
>fundamental limits of computational power
only assuming you continue with traditional computer architecture
>>
>>8307067
Doesn't matter. Even if the limit was human cognition (it has to be at least this much), the sheer quantity of robo humans that can work 24/7 would still completely change everything

[spoiler]plus AI waifus <3[/spoiler]
>>
>>8307067
So I won't get murdered and better technology.

That sounds cool. When is this "suppose" to happen? 2040?
>>
>>8306755
dude, im not touching that shit until its out of early access
>>
>>8307205
Yes but its really hard to predict, there are hard problems to be solved and it could be one revolutionary idea that sets a whole paradigm shift in motion.
>>
File: six-axis-robot-arm.jpg (253KB, 1443x1200px) Image search: [Google]
six-axis-robot-arm.jpg
253KB, 1443x1200px
Senpai p-please d-don't push me through my singularity
>>
>>8306728
I was, till the NSA demanded backdoors in all brain augmentation implants.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.