[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could anyone care to explain to me why there is a steady 409

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 29_aug._2016_00_15_53.jpg (500KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
29_aug._2016_00_15_53.jpg
500KB, 2560x1440px
Could anyone care to explain to me why there is a steady 409 frequency resonating through my apartment even when every electronic device has been turned off?
>>
>>8304652
>every electronic device has been turned off
then how did you measure the spectrum?
What did you use to measure? Is this sound or radiation or what?
It's clearly not resonating, w/e it is. It's a very small signal, probably noise from the internal components of w/e you used to measure.

you can calculate what types of standing waves you can get by measuring the lengths of your room. This is primarily used in acoustics, but is also equally applicable to EM radiation.
>>
If every device is off then how did you take that spectrum?
>>
Its a sound. It has been bothering me for about an hour now. I used my phone to analyze the spectrum. Its not coming from that.
>>
And to clarify. It is quite loud.
>>
>>8304680
You probably have a tumor, your phone is making that frequency, go see a doctor.
>>
>>8304697
I can hear the sound rise along with the visuals on the analyzer. Its not in my head, its not from any electronic device inside my room. I checked multiple times.
>>
>>8304721
one time i smoked a bunch of hash and ate at a chik fil a before i stumbled back to my apartment.

As I laid there, waiting for the high to wear off, I heard a series of tones centered on a middle A the second to last tone was out of key.

This repeated for about 2 hours and drove me fucking crazy.

TL:DR you might be on drugs
>>
>>8304745
lmao
I'm not on drugs, I don't have a tumor and I'm not crazy.
>>
>>8304768
it's probably coming from periodic motion of some sort

a fan blade, from a computer,an AC unit, a ceiling unit, the fridge. something like that.
>>
File: Tr02vTw.gif (745KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tr02vTw.gif
745KB, 640x360px
>>8304768
are you sure?
>>
It could be anything really. If it's a single source, then whatever it is, it seems to be generating harmonics.
>>
Which app did you use. I wanna check out my apartament for paranormal shit
>>
>>8304652

It isn't an electronic noise. Synchronous motors would be at some 60 hz interval (1/3x, 1/2x, x,2x,3x, etc). Asynchronous would have some slip. I would say it is just a harmonic frequency which could be from anything. Do you have anything mechanical nearby that might be resonating whatever is causing it?
>>
>>8304652
It's a ghost
>>
>>8304652
Government mind control.
Read Candor
>>
>be OP
>live at home with parents
>hear strange noise
>shut off all electronics
>search house for origin of said noise
>parents bedroom
>dammit mom left her vibrator on again
>>
>>8304652
In addition to 50 or 60 Hz mains it is well known that some circuits use 400 Hz AC. The advantage, which real scientists should have known, is that coils and transformers can be made much more compact.

You see another spike at twice the frequency, so we are talking about some harmonics.

I suggests you look for some kind of rotating machinery, an auxiliary power unit or something in a ventilation system.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.