[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is psychology a flyover science?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (49KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 347x346px
Is psychology a flyover science?
>>
>>8303683
I would pay more and tolerate two layovers to fly a route that circumvents it completely

Psychology has already been strip mined of all useful development. Its only purpose now is commercial, like studying consumer response to marketing and product presentation
>>
No. It's a science that is so complex (the brain) that it is hard to study, because the brain is extremely complex.
>>
>>8303847
>this thing is very complex and therefore difficult to study
>therefore, we will embrace whatever some political deviant comes up with when he's on a coke binge and have that be our dogma for decades
>>
>>8303857
Wha-
>>
>>8303857
Are you implying the brain isn't complex and therefore not hard to study?
>>
>>8303857
Nigger nobody has taken Freud seriously for a very, very long time and Freud has little to do with modern day psychology being a bit of a joke.
>>
Psychologie can explain some pain that are not physical but only in our pshyche no ?
>>
>>8303860
The brain is very complex, and is hard to study. Thus, our only choice is to accept whatever Freud came up with when he was chatting with his daughter about incest while both of them were high as fuck.
>>
>>8303874
You are sadly mistaken and thus revealed how little you know about the field. Basically what this >>8303861 guy said. Also, stop strawmanning, it's annoying.
>>
>>8303874
No one takes Freud seriously. What do you even think this?
>>
>>8303816
Well /sci/. Whats the "consensus" here on the debate?
>>
>>8303683
Psychology and a lot of other social sciences are in a pre-scientific stage. There's no widespread consensus among practitioners of the discipline.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.