[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you theoretically redshift a gamma ray into a radio wave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: downloadfile.png (63KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.png
63KB, 384x384px
>>
>>8303076
Not just theoretically.
>>
>physics
>>>/x/
>>
>>8303594
you've got a problem with physics faggot?
>>
>>8303076
>gamma ray into a radio wave

one of the weaknesses of giving waves different names is that it makes you forget that all photons are identical they just have different frequencies/energies.
>>
>>8303946
ya
>>
>>8304216
t. Engineer
>>
>>8304228
actually biochemistry
anything past baby's first QM and some SM is useless mental masturbation
>>
>>8304235
Looks like your brain can't deal with real science. Be a good goy and keep memorizing shit.
>>
>>8304252
>implying I didn't memorize my way to a physics degree with all As
>>
>>8303076
you'd have to be going at .999999999999999c
>>
>>8304252
>inapplicable guesswork backed by ""experiments"" with shaky premises and somewhat agreeing data is science
ok
>>
>>8303076
So if this is true, then we can make a gamma ray laser by taking a regular red laser pointer and speeding it up to very fast
>>
>>8304299
What if you just shrunk the space the laser was traveling through?
>>
>>8303076
Yes. You and/or the emitting source have to be traveling away from one another fast enough.
>>
Yes, this is how cosmic microwave background radiation cams into being according to inflation theory.

In a cooling universe particles move slower, however photons still move at the speed of light but their energy still reduced. Engergy loss is expressed as the photon's frequency changed from high frequency gamma to low frequency radio waves as we find now.
>>
>>8303076
how did u make empty post woah
>>
>>8304252
Have fun with your useless degree when you're relegated to getting a job as an accountant loser.
>>
>>8307151
Your subject would not exist if it wasn't for the work of physicists. Your lab is full of equipment developed by physicists
>>
>>8307169
I literally don't care. I'm not saying that physics is useless in anyway, but nowadays there really isn't much of a use for a degree in it.

>inb4 biochemistry is useless
>>
>>8307185
Yea you are probably right. We found the higgs and now we found that we might not be able to discover anything other particles. At least you have cloning and other dna stuff
>>
>>8307200
> yfw turnipmen start getting physics degrees
> the only job left for you will be at Arby's
>>
>>8304214
That's why they should always be referred to as frequency bands, not "rays" or "waves".
>>
>>8304235
>not wanting to know more about how the universe works

But why?
>>
File: ganja frog.jpg (132KB, 1000x842px) Image search: [Google]
ganja frog.jpg
132KB, 1000x842px
what if the aliens we're transmitting their signals on some wavelength we can't detect yet
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.