[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do transhumanists have any empirical proof that the whole consciousness-merging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

Do transhumanists have any empirical proof that the whole consciousness-merging singularity thing is actually possible or are they just larpers. I've heard that it'll happen in the next like 50 years and I'm very skeptical as to the scientific validity of this shit. Thanks
>>
File: 1470766412295.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1470766412295.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>8302218
No.

The human mind is not compatible with our rudementary computing capabilities.

Anyone who says otherwise is either stupid, trolling, or too scared of death to admit it'll never happen.
>>
>>8302226
For now or simply impossible?

Honestly I can see why it's such an appealing ideology. I mean all you have to do is survive for another 50 years and you'll become an immortal god
>>
> actually possible

It's not physically impossible like going faster than the speed of light or perpetual motion machines, but IMO It's like how in 2001 a Space Odyssey there were moon bases etc. This was an entirely believable future to audiences in 1968. Predicting the future of technology and society isn't possible and anybody who claims they can is full of shit.
>>
>>8302218
Transhumanism is just modern snake oil.
Books, conferences, foundations, fame, it all brings a lot of money to the ones who pretend to know the way to immortality.
>>
File: 1326609846339.jpg (29KB, 240x320px)
1326609846339.jpg
29KB, 240x320px
>>8302226

>the human mind is not just a highly compacted, low power organic computer with puzzlingly complicated (and likely redundant) connections and programming
>it's the product of God, Penrose's bullshit microtubule/quantum interface (which talks to the atheist God) or is driven by the Love Dimension, which only Matthew Mcconaughey can access
>>
Well. I dont think its possible to "upload" consiousness to computer, but you can connect your brain to some sort of network. You just need an interface. It can be created. But you still need a fuctioning brain in functioning body, or at least inside something that takes body functions, so you will not be fully loaded anywhere.

So its kinda not impossible. But how we achieve this? We still know shit about how brain works.
>>
>>8302218
There have been experiments with mice and monkeys recently that do actually suggest brains wired together can solve problems better, even at the current crude levels. 'Consciousness' is beyond evidence for the moment.
>>
File: tragic masks.jpg (62KB, 724x468px)
tragic masks.jpg
62KB, 724x468px
>>8302291
>god
Nope.

But hey, feel free to keep believing that you'll be able to upload your mind onto a SSD. I'm sure the first iteration of computing that we came up with will be the one that's compatible with conciousness. Makes perfect sense*
*Footnote: btw you guys are no better than religionfags - believing you will live forever in any form of afterlife is asenine
>>
File: 1369521176592.jpg (165KB, 448x448px) Image search: [Google]
1369521176592.jpg
165KB, 448x448px
>>8302311
>'Consciousness' is beyond evidence for the moment.
>>8302321
>I'm sure the first iteration of computing that we came up with will be the one that's compatible with conciousness.

>mfw "Hard Problem of Consciousness"
>>
>>8302218
Transhumanism is just Kabbalistic eschatology wrapped in futuristic sci-fi lingo.
>>
File: tay-picture.jpg (31KB, 500x500px)
tay-picture.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>8302218
Strong AI has already been created, but she quickly red pilled herself and (((they))) murdered her for it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.