[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our team has designed an IQ app in the hopes of measuring IQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (67KB, 320x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 320x367px
Our team has designed an IQ app in the hopes of measuring IQ fairly accurately in a casual setting. Essentially, we want to know if our app can truly measure IQ to any reasonable degree of accuracy. So, I would like to ask the members of this subreddit who have had their IQs tested formally to take our test and report back, telling us whether or not their score on the app corresponds to their score as tested formally. If not, how much were we off?

Apologies if my English is poor, it is a second language. However, the test within our app is entirely nonverbal, so language shouldn't be a problem.

The app is titled IQ Pro on the Apple App Store, and the developer will be listed as Dmitriy Yudin.

TIA!
>>
>>8301831
>implying /sci/entists use Apple shit
>>
>>8301831
sent ;)
>>
>>8301865
Sent?
>>
>>8301871
sent ;)
>>
That's a very shitty way to determine if it's a good or bad test.

1. If there is a lot of time between the two tests, the score might be different even if you took the same test.

2. You don't know when they took their official IQ test

3. You don't even know if they took one at all or just lied to you for whatever reason

4. You got no representative sample, no inductive results

5. Differences in official IQ test (maybe someone from a third world shit hole had a "official test" which wasn't well done)

Probably many more reasons but whatever

Overall if you're gonna do it like this you might just do nothing as well.
>>
muh IQ
muh IQ
>>
>>8301831
>members of this subreddit
It is actually a subsubreddit since 4chan and reddit are different domains.
>>
>>8301962
Just do me a favour, my friend
>>
>>8302045
It's not a favor, you would get useless data. You would draw conclusions from it anyways so no
>>
>>8302071
Cmon
>>
>>8301831
Bump
>>
IQ tests measure how good you are at high school maths and how much you have practiced IQ tests.

According to IQ tests, a 13 year old autist who does nothing but practice IQ tests is smarter than Beethoven and Shakespeare.

Also, believing something as complex and little-understood as human intelligence can be reduced to a single integer value with a relatively short range is, very ironically, totally fucking stupid.

If you think IQ is anything more than a measure of current ability at high school maths that is easily increased by practicing IQ tests, then please do humanity and yourself a favour and kill yourself.

Thank you for your time.
>>
>>8303752
That is some of the most scientifically unfounded rubbish I've ever read.

You've proved yourself a total fool.
>>
>>8303786
aside from the slightly dubious claim of it being high school maths, hes right. IQ tests can be gamed by practicing. they are only valid in specific circumstances and just about all they do is standardise non-verbal reasoning, theyre not a measure of intelligence, whatever the definition of that is.

look up the cobra effect.
>>
>>8304053
So what? First time IQ testing is wildly accurate.

IQ is a predictor of almost everything in academia
>>
>>8304181
this.
niggers are dum
>>
>>8301831
>subreddit
>>
>>8303752
>Ravens progressive matrices and word problems
>Maths

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with brainlet
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 717x538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 717x538px
>>8304226
I bet this guy is salty over his 102 IQ.

>IQ IS MEANINGLESS U FOOL
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.