[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future of medicine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: pepe time.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
pepe time.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
By roughly what year would you expect us to have cures (by 'cures', I mean complete solutions that can reverse the condition and return the patient to their former biological and mental state; not palliatives, things that only slow down degenerative conditions or treatments that deal only with symptoms) for the following:

Deafness
Blindness
Alzheimer's disease
Sarcopenia
Cancers (note: feel free to specify specific timeframes for each type of cancer if possible)
Erectile dysfunction
Baldness
Diabetes (type 1 and type 2)
Nephropathy
Parkinson's disease
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Low intelligence (not just mental retardation (IQ < 70), but low intelligence in general)
Heart disease
Cerebrovascular disease
Ageing (by a 'cure' to ageing, I mean an intervention or array of interventions which could keep a patient in a condition akin to that of their early 20s indefinitely (either with or without regular treatments) and reverse the damage accumulated to the body over time; so that someone could be chronologically 100 years old but have the general health, physical appearance and mental ability that they had when they were 25 years old).

I am interested to see your estimates
>>
Deafness 2020-2030
Blindness 2020-2030
Alzheimer's disease 2040-2050
Sarcopenia 2025-2035
Cancers 2025 - 2040
Erectile dysfunction 2020-2030
Baldness 2020-2025
Diabetes 2020-2030
Nephropathy 2030-2040
Parkinson's disease 2030-2040
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 2025-2035
Low intelligence 2040?
Heart disease 2025 - 2035
Cerebrovascular disease 2040-2050
Ageing 2050
>>
Someone who tells you that is either bullshitting you or trying to sell you something. The fact is, no one can predict the future and whatever challenges may appear on the way. A specific cure for Parkinson's disease is extremely unlikely considering the damage is permanent for example. People who estimate this shit is so full of shit I'd flush them into the toilet like the turds that that they are.
>>
Blindness and deafness can, depending on the type, already be cured to a degree. Not returning 20/20 vision or anything tho.

Immunotherapies are in nowadays against cancer. Let the body heal itself and all that.

But when we get regenerative therapies working, shit'll be cash.
>>
Medecine is taking a new step, I can't give a proper answer but by x time, what would be considered a failure won't be the dead of the patient but rather the presence of a disease. Medecine is trying to prevent many disease by the use of technology and it's not going to fade away in the future, technology is going to help prevent many diseases, but I don't think a perfect protection will be done soon. Plus as we progress, diseases changes and learn to cope to live as well.

I'd say 2080 for an "augmented human cure", meaning a human in constant prevention against diseases, genetic dysfonctions.
And psychology will probably get better as soon as we get better instruments on the brain; (I mean psychology as in the psyché, not neurosciences)
>>
File: 1_1_1_1s.jpg (240KB, 656x603px) Image search: [Google]
1_1_1_1s.jpg
240KB, 656x603px
>>8300888
I don't think medicine can solve every disease because it doesn't consider human beings as spiritual beings although people learn it.

The best way that people can solve and cure themselves from most of all incurable disease except for health problems required surgical operations is taught by Maitreya Buddha and Messiah.

Please, try to think about a lot of cells in a human body. The cells are also creature. They are spiritualized. Who can control the cells in a human body? There is the owner of a human body.

http://brahmanedu.org/english/

http://brahmanedu.org/english/books/heart/books_heart_vods22.html.
>>
>>8301128
Cells are the smallest parts of a living being by biological definitions. They are not beings by itself as you pretend, they are a part of it.
The only scientific view about the world would be a body/spirit monism. If you wish to use spiritual parapsychological opinions, you're on the wrong board.
>>
>>8300888
>modern medicine
>cures

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Cures don't make money.
>>
>>8300888
Never.
>>
>>8301150
They do make money. Patent the and offer it for quarter million. It doesn't matter if it costs $5 to make.

Doctors really like curative treatments a lot more than maintenance treatments so they will use it preferably.
>>
>>8301181
But, that is no where close to the truth. Are you a child or just really naive?
>>
>>8300905
Only children and hippies can have this much optimism
>>
>>8301181
Doctors like it, but private health sectors don't

Times like these I thank my lucky stars for the nhs
>>
File: 42_2_3.jpg (548KB, 1000x1080px) Image search: [Google]
42_2_3.jpg
548KB, 1000x1080px
>>8301128
I don't support spirit monism. I just told limitation of the medicine. There were some rumors in medical society as long as I mainly heard from the doctors' families.

Doctors have highly possibility with disease in their major specific parts in medicine.

What kind of actions in a human body occur?
I know cells in a human body is much less evolved than human beings but it doesn't mean cells don't cause disease.

I know there are incurable disease.

I am sorry that you think I am on the wrong board.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.