[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you type notes in a computer or write them by hand, /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: louis rossmann hammering apple.png (903KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
louis rossmann hammering apple.png
903KB, 1280x720px
Do you type notes in a computer or write them by hand, /sci/?
>>
I rarely take notes at all. All in my head.
>>
>>8298911
Writing is faster and more flexible but it's easier to go back, navigate, and add to old notes on a computer, so I try to write on a computer now. For personal notes and research though, not for a course.
>>
File: brs.jpg (11KB, 170x170px)
brs.jpg
11KB, 170x170px
>>8298911

I write them by hand on a computer.
>>
>>8298911
>>8298938

What I cannot create, I do not understand.

If you have to look up your notes, you don't understand it. You're wasting all this time keeping and managing notes in the age of the internet, you're stupid. It's a form of procrastination from real learning and thinking by rote memorizing things other people learned without learning it for yourselves. You will never advance science or math.
>>
>>8298975

>If you have to look up your notes, you don't understand it.

Prove it.
>>
>>8298911
I don't take notes but I do make to-do lists
>>
>>8298975

>This works for me
>You're doing something different
>You are incapable of grasping concepts

People learn in different ways. Some need to write down every detail, some need to reference, and some can learn from watching lectures. In any case, one does not determine who will have an intellectual superiority over someone who uses a different method. Since your memory is unreliable, referencing is not a bad way to reinforce your understanding of concepts. Also, your Feynman quote is irrelevant to your point and if you don't think he had to reference material until he does understand a topic, you're deluded in your thinking.
>>
>>8298975
I'm talking about research notes, fool. Sometimes you have to go back to old ideas and continue to work on them.
I don't know what your point is.
>>
Guys, check Surface pro.
I'm in Europe. Math students are starting to use them to take notes. Excellent device.
Only downside it's expensive.
>>
>>8298975
>You're wasting all this time keeping and managing notes in the age of the internet, you're stupid.
I don't believe for a moment that you work on anything serious.
>>
File: HandheldMouse.jpg (94KB, 500x500px)
HandheldMouse.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>>8298911
Handheld Mouse + Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional; I have been experimenting with this with very satisfying results both for note taking and on body comfort.
>>
>>8298911
In what context?

Back in uni I never took lecture notes - remembered most of it, got the rest from textbooks. If there were interesting references I'd note them down by hand.

Now-a-days, for work, I take notes by hand, at least to the extent I take notes at all. I usually have a pad of paper with me so I can work on things when I get ideas, then write any significant steps up in a tex document.
>>
>>8299465
>Handheld Mouse
Any recommendations?
>>8299483
I guess remembering shit from textbooks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.