[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1462776303849.jpg (198KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1462776303849.jpg
198KB, 1024x819px
Science and Technology is more important than Art and Humanities.

Do you agree?
Why?

Discuss.
>>
>>8296490

I disagree.
>>
>>8296490
Important...for who?

Also, if we talk about peoples 'life happiness', no, humanities is everything
>>
>>8296490

Since you're asking in /sci im pretty sure you already know what the answer is going to be
>>
>>8296500
>Also, if we talk about peoples 'life happiness', no, humanities is everything
>studying art history makes you happy
lel
>>
>>8296490
Anyone who disagrees with this is an idiot. Obviously science and technology is far far more important. I say this as someone who works in the film industry.
>>
>>8296500
Well crafted b8.
I almost took it.
*tips hat*
>>
Science makes out lives easier, the humanities make our lives fuller.
>>
>>8296490
The real answer is that we let the global economy decide.

In 2015 the global TV/Film industry was worth $286b whereas the pharmaceutical industry alone was over $1 trillion. Of course pharma deals a lot with arts and humanities in terms of sales and commercialization, but it's certainly still rooted in science and technology.

To play devil's advocate a bit... The very best scientists in the world are unlikely to ever see the kind of cash that the very best Hollywood actors would. Point being that there's a place for art and humanities, especially if you're in the top 0.1% in terms of talent (which honestly just means you're really good looking and can talk in complete sentences).

I just graduated with a PhD in Organic Chemistry from one of the top groups in the US and I just got a job starting at $135k, feels good, but there are fucking 10 year olds in Hollywood pulling 7 figures right now.
>>
>>8296490
Science and technology simplifies and extends life. Arts make it worth living.
>>
>>8296839
H-how is it?

>t.math student considering to switch
>>
>>8296490

No. Art literally is the basis of all human endeavour. Not taking care of your "human" - of your emotional or artistic side leads you into dark corners. If you're talking about degrees, however, then this obviously is no question. STEM>>>Humanities in that regard.

t. EE
>>
>>8296490
Of course agree. If most humans weren't brainlets, such unimportant thing as art wouldn't even exist as profession, only occasional hobby.
>>
>>8296490

Politics is the most important field of human study. It literally creates the parameters of how any other field is conducted. Politics has the ability to nullify and opress the sciences and arts. The Enlightenment is more important to western civilization than any scientific achievement. Actually, much of science owes to the Enlightenment anyway. As far as I'm aware Politics fall under sicial sciences and humanities so just by that the humanities are more important than the sciences by far. STEM brainlets take for granted that they live in a Politically advantageous region for science. Even then they are nothing more than tools. Politics and ideology are more valuable for personal/communal survival than physics and math.
>>
>>8296909
nice b8 m8
>>
>>8296500
I know that instead of air conditioning and refrigeration I would rather have some nice art in my home, or write a poem.

Arts: makes you feel like your life is better
Science: makes your life easier and better
>>
>>8296914

It's true, anon. Politics is the most important field of study.
>>
Without art we wouldn't have Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Jay-Z or Overwatch.

Without science we wouldn't have cars (so global warming wouldn't exist), we wouldn't have planes (so islam wouldn't spread outside the middle east), we wouldn't have mass communication (so we wouldn't have SJWs).

I think we can all agree art>science
>>
>>8296963
This is some nice b8 friend.
>>
>>8296490
Science and Technology comes first, though eventually Art and Humanities becomes important too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5S0DIXk2M
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.