[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >People are still unironically anti-nuclear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: DoctorZhivago.png (224KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
DoctorZhivago.png
224KB, 851x315px
>2016
>People are still unironically anti-nuclear
>>
File: flint-tap-water.jpg (13KB, 900x587px) Image search: [Google]
flint-tap-water.jpg
13KB, 900x587px
>Americans can't even stop their government from intentionally putting lead poisoning in their water
>Nuclearfags think it's a good idea to put this corrupt, third-world shithole in charge of nuclear plants
I'm not against nuclear plants, but you can't be dogmatic about it. You have to recognize that the safety of nuclear power depends on a stable and reliable society. I would fight to make America a better society, rather than fight to stop nuclear plants, but the people fighting nuclear plants aren't nutcases for taking their stance.
>>
>>8293049
You've never actually been to America, have you?
>>
>>8293049
>oh look
>the same shill posting the same pronuke shit
>>
>>8293084
It's a legitimate concern, but the fact that the most of the people fighting an increase in the number of nuclear power plants do so out of fear of the nuclear boogeyman whilst demanding fewer carbon emissions and a switch to less efficient means of energy production isn't the same thing as proposing modernization to the current legislation and regulation regarding nuclear energy.

>>8293093
I live in a state with only a couple reactors after the others were decommissioned, and used to live in the state with the most reactors.

>>8293119
>inbliggings
I haven't posted on /sci/ in a couple weeks.
>>
I know it's a meme, but how viable are thorium reactors?
>>
>>8293148
>I haven't posted on /sci/ in a couple weeks.

Bullshit, your other pronuke thread is still up >>8277517
>>
>>8293049

people are afraid of things they aren't capable of understanding

>>8293084

fuck off the TVA is fine
>>
>>8293084
>be america
>have countless rivers
>don't use any of them for power and just burn coal
Hydro + nuclear is da future
>>
>>8293318
Uhh, what? AFAIK, most of the good rivers have as many damns as they can support. We probably couldn't double hydro capacity in the US, which is just a small drop in the proverbial bucket in the scale of the problem of climate change and ocean acidification.
>>
File: 34346343.jpg (93KB, 620x429px) Image search: [Google]
34346343.jpg
93KB, 620x429px
>>8293318
>>8293631
>According to a United States Department of Energy report,[10] there exists over 12000MW of potential hydroelectricity capacity in the US existing 80,000 unpowered dams. Harnessing the currently unpowered dams could generate 45 TWhr/yr, equivalent to 16 percent of 2008 hydroelectricity generation.
The vast majority of the dams we build don't even generate electricity. America is such a shithole.
>>
File: 3500.jpg (273KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
3500.jpg
273KB, 1920x1152px
>At least 33 US cities used water testing 'cheats' over lead concerns
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/02/lead-water-testing-cheats-chicago-boston-philadelphia

This is a country I trust to properly inspect their nuclear plants.
>>
>>8293084
by its very definition the US is a first world country, not a third world country.
>>
>>8293049
Not educated people.

The US has plenty of places that have hardly no natural disasters are remote, plenty of security and of course you don't have to always use cheap water reactors, there are safer types.

MORE NUKES! MORE NUKES!
>>
>>8294470
source?
>>
>>8293049
i fucking made that image

lmaooooooooo didn't think I'd see it posted again
makes a nigga feeel gud in side nomsayn

but yeha, anit nuke people grind my gears pretty badly.

I live in an agricultural area (Midwest USA), and near my homtown the DOE was looking to do an 80 million dollar research project on sub shale formation drilling, for the purpose of burying nuclear waste.

Now, being pro nuclear, I'm not even all the hot on the idea myself, but this is literally just a research project with zero actual nuclear waste involved. the hole wouldn't even be big enough to hold more than the wast from Fort Calhoun in Nebraska (less than 500 mw). Regardless, the local populous is up in fucking arms about it like the bunch of uneducated people they are, and I'm even cringing harder at the local politicians making this a fire and brimstone sermon.

They still feel this way despite the fact that every one of their communities is shriveling up and dying left and right because there's zero fucking technological innovation or devlopement, and its because they force it all out. They freak about nuclear, they freaked about the developement of ethanol plants, they REALLY fucking freak about the wind towers... fuckers want to have their cake and eat it too. they want jobs and growth and technological developement, but they bitch and whine about every single thing that comes in.

/endrant
>>
File: citation-needed.png (552B, 163x96px) Image search: [Google]
citation-needed.png
552B, 163x96px
>>8293049
>People
[citation needed]
>>
>>8293049
>Humans still unironically being stupid.
Well golly gee, what a fucking shocker.
>>
>>8294481
As a Nordic that has been there, I assure you USA is a 3rd world country
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.