[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spy Proof DIY Mobile Phone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

So, There is this thing.

Imagine the possibility, that you can actually turn on the microphone and GSM resiever on your phone manually? Now think about that your phone is built only with 1 intention: un-spy-able.

How can this be done? Is there a way, we can make ourselves a phone, that we know exactly how it functions and what it is built out of?

I am not looking for /DIY/ part, I am looking for the /sci/ part. Anybody?

(I have in mind, that THEY know the GSM signal's location is known at any time the cell is on)
>>
>>8291733
Define "spy-able".
Nothing will save you from a strong enough adversary.
>>
>>8291733
So you want a cellphone that is free as in freedom?

Unfortunately, that is very difficult. The problem is with the baseband processors, they use a bunch of proprietary stuff and are essentially blackboxes.

IE the GSM receiver runs it own little operating system
>>
>>8291985
>2013
>not using OpenGSM
>>
File: 1-z364KDE94DyaW_eL5GomsA.gif (29KB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
1-z364KDE94DyaW_eL5GomsA.gif
29KB, 720x300px
>>8291917
>Nothing will save you from a strong enough advertisment.
ftfy
>>
>>8292484
kek.

be prepared for information-theoretical perfect advertisements.
>>
>>8291733
>(I have in mind, that THEY know the GSM signal's location is known at any time the cell is on)
Then why do phones require a GPS antenna?
>>
>>8291733
Wire tapping is still possible, but harder for the average person to do.
This has nothing to do with the phone itself, but the way calls work.
On most major carriers, a cpu at each cell tower switches broadcast frequencies at a high rate. Older systems use a more narrow bandwidth and vary the time each signal spends instead. These are called cdma and tdma. GSM is different still but only used outside the US.

What you have in your phone determines what network it connects to. This is the sim card. Tdma,cdma,and GSM are incompatible with each other.

Even if you could prevent wire tapping, a wireless carrier can see who you called, for how long, and where both of you are.

Voip using private connections are the safest as a carrier only sees the start and end part of the call, and bouncing through a bunch of ips on the Internet makes it harder to tap.
>>
>>8292516
yeah GSM is inherently unsafe, it can be broken with something like 1000$ and a van.
>>
>>8292494
GPS doesn't use satellites anymore. Phones can still be located by a GPS satellite, but most of the time, your location is found by triangulation of signals to 3 different towers. There's no real way of getting around this
>>
Yeah, it's called a burner phone with a pre-paid SIM.
>>
>>8292522
GSM is essentially a modified tdma. Because tdma hosts multiple calls on the same frequency, you get ghosting even without trying. Used to happen all the time in my area.
>>
>>8292526
That's a movie thing that's fake and gay.
Every phone on a network has a unique sim and a unique device id. Even in a burner phone, you can see a compete path through the network.

Sim cloning is the closest you can get to being anonomous, but it relies on security through obscurity and can still be traced if someone is looking for it.

I know all this because I used to work with these systems and tech for a large carrier.

Tl:dr as long as you go through a carrier network, you can be traced.

Again going through wifi is the best way. This is a big reason why it took so long for voip over private networks to become a feature in phones, because carriers wanted all traffic to come through them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.