[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primary school is a waste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 0000000.jpg (1MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
0000000.jpg
1MB, 4272x2848px
I was going through some old stuff recently, some old assignments and projects from way back, and realized that I knew more about the planets and prehistoric earth when I was 7 than I do now. And then I thought why the fuck did we learn about planets. Why did we have to spend 6 hr/180 days every year in a classroom?

I guess you have to write essays and writing skills do develop continuously from elementary school through middle and high school. Same with reading comprehension and literary analysis. But Math you take pre-algebra 6th or 7th grade. Why does it take 6 years of learning how to read an analog clock before you basically start from scratch in pre-alg and finally get to build from there? HIstory was the same, just random stories until you get to 6th/7th with ancient history and build from there.

Science is the worst though. So much cool shit to learn and kids get stuck with dinosaurs and rocks for a good decade until they can learn actual basics in physical and biological science. Makes for a good diorama I guess.

I can buy that it's just because dinosaurs and rocks are pretty cool to kids, but science is cool as shit Im pretty sure they can think of some experiments or something that kids can do while learning. After that it can branch out logically like it does in high school, get em exposed to different pathways early.

I dont know if kids just cant learn well until they're 12 or something, maybe that's why things are this way. I think that most of them just dont really care about school, dont grow up in a household that allows them to learn. I cant blame them for that, they're kids. But the education system can do something about it, and if there's some structure at least they'll struggle with actually relevant material.

Also yeah I guess you can also say it's fucking elementary school like you're not supposed to actually do anything. Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about this?
>>
>>8286583
I think sex ed should be taught in kindergarten, and that the age of consent should be abolished

I wanna fugg those lolis
>>
>>8286593
yea, it's unfair only those old elite uncles in pedowood could fug those lolis
>>
Achtually...

Recent understand suggests that schooling in pre-school, and primary school is absolutely critical on your intelligence in later life, much more so than high school and college/university.
>>
>>8286655
Dub dubs confirm

All the more reason to make primary school more efficient

Maybe start with getting well-qualified primary school teachers rather than the college dropouts we have now
>>
Primary school teacher here. I'm not native, so my explanation might sound stupid:
Problem is school doesn't work that way. (Scientific) education alone is not what primary school is about. In its (anthropological) core it is about enculturation and individualisation. It wants you learn the necessary tools to learn everything by yourself, while relying on basic knowledge (Literacy, Math) and cultural coined education to do so.
The function of school is therefore not only about scientist education. We live in a capitalistic society and therefore school has to fulfill those needs by qualifying, grading, and selecting for the market.
Even if school wants an equal and educated society, it is forced to produce the opposite. This is the big known dilemma in education-studies.

>>8286705
Learning can't only be efficient unless you want to be inhuman. Natural ways of learning always are trial-and-error. A school not respecting both ways of learning loses its pupils and therefore its legitimacy.
>>
Kids should be around other kids while growing up, it helps develop most of them onto socially functional human beings unlike you obviously you fucking autist
>>
>>8286769
Well you're kinda leaving aside the nation-creating element in it. Kids are there to interiorize the national fiction and start feeling a common bond with their fellow countrymen.

In fact it's probably the only real reason school is a thing. Everything else is a nice aside.

But still, combinatorics in school when? Combinatorics is fun.
>>
>>8286800
The nation-creating element is hidden in the meaning of enculturation. There are two understandings of culture, one being the human culture and one being the national culture.
(Putting aside the discussion about culture being an artificial construct and its implications at all).
While I see this in a critical way, most Professors and students don't.
>>
>>8286781
But I went to public school and still wound up becoming an unloved autist

Explain that, faggot
>>
>>8286583
try talking to a 7 year old, 95% of them are literally retarded. School at that point is not about learning, it's about stimulating neural development
>>
>>8286891
You think you're better than everyone else. PS: this goes for almost everyone here who whine about being unloved.
>>
>>8286623
>old elite uncles in pedowood
>pedowood
Are they waiting to jump out of the forests?
>>
>>8286891
I said most you fucking idiot holy shit no wonder you're not loved
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.