[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they allowed to publish this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: why.png (324KB, 1307x559px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
324KB, 1307x559px
Why are they allowed to publish this?
>>
>>8284100
Because people are allowed to publish things you disagree with.
>>
>>8284100

Post a tl;dr version of the paper, OP.
>>
>>8284106
the abstract is right there, in bold
>>
>>8284100

Non-locality is implied by the most plausible hypotheses.

What's so surprising?
>>
>>8284113
>most plausible
as defined by whom?

inb4 occam's razor
and that's how I know you are a pseudo
>>
>>8284111

Ok I read the whole paper as it is very short.

How does any of this negate realism?

Local realism sure, but how does it negate non-local realism?
>>
>>8284113
>experiment's entirely point is to rule out any and all possibilities of locality
>doesn't do such
>m-muh plausibility
>>
>>8284119
it doesn't negate anything

with worm hole entanglement, the universe is local and realist
>>
>>8284117

No, Ockham's razor isn't a scientific principle.

Several models arising from inflation typically describe the universe (multiverse being used to describe the series of non-inflating regions, but that's still the universe) as a 4D eternal and static structure.

They include modelling the various forms of energy (everything) as resultant of the geometric structure of space-time.

So that we're only left with geometry.

When I say most plausible, I mean logically inferred from everything we currently know.
>>
>>8284132
Quantum entanglement wormholes are a geometrical explanation that are compatible with everything observed
>>
>>8284121

I'm not defending the paper and I'm aware that it didn't do that.

I'm also concerned about the authors' potential bias against realism in general.

I'm taking about hypothetical models, not this odd paper.
>>
>>8284135

Yeah absolutely; I replied before reading the paper, so I've come across the wrong way.

I think I'm also thinking of non-locality in a different way; as it holds in what we call the present and the appearance of non-locality in the present is explained genetically by wormholes.

After reading the paper I'm concerned about the authors' true intentions/goals.

I'm >>8284136 as well.
>>
>>8284142

>genetically

Geometrically*

I hate autocorrect.
>>
>op thinks he's science
>>
File: 1470352539988.jpg (208KB, 1032x774px)
1470352539988.jpg
208KB, 1032x774px
>>8284100
Am I reading this correctly? That free will exist?
>>
>>8284162
thank god the school starts in 10 days xD
>>
>>8284100
What are you trying to say? Quantum mechanics could be local because the information could travel through a wormhole? Sounds like complete horseshit to me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.