[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the genetic advantage of having slant eyes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20130221_seoulbeats_Bora.jpg (122KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20130221_seoulbeats_Bora.jpg
122KB, 900x1200px
What is the genetic advantage of having slant eyes?
>>
none, it's just sexual selection / random mutation that stayed, non slanted eyes doesn't give advantage either

not everything has evolutionnary advantage in human body
>>
Being more attractive and cat-like, which increases the probability of reproduction that evolution rewards. Just look at China.
>>
My gf is asian and it really helps when there's a lot of light reflecting off the snow, she can see but almost completely close her eyes, it's like natural sunglasses in a way.
>>
>>8281597
that's racists.
>>
>>8281594
Bullshit. Facials are much easier due to the chances of getting jizz in your eye being much slimmer.
>>
>>8281592
same as not having slant eyes
>>
>>8281998
This
>>
>>8281592
slant eyed people have bigger oil glands on their eyelids which protects them from cold
>>
Gets me hard so they get my superior genes.
>>
>>8281608
kek
>>
>>8281592
Yes! I'm a pleb that can actually answer this.

They shield eyes from the cold. Fat around the eyes helps with freezing temperatures.

Also probably helps with light reflecting off the tundra
>>
>>8281592
Its result of general higher intelligence (you always see these scheming guys squinting their eyes while asians have it naturally) but that was long ago now they are monkey tier soulless subhumans who cheat at everything.
>>
>>8282155
But...then why don't caucasians have the same feature?

Why don't Arabs have this feature to protect their eyes from dust storms?
>>
>>8282173
Because they so happened to have succeeded in that environment through some other means, rather than merely what shape their eyes are.

Maybe Caucasians and Arabs figured out how to better shield their eyes when others with eyes that could look like Asian eyes simply died off due to an inability to compete.

Anon understand that evolution is systematic, but that doesn't always determine the outcome. We could be dinosaurs if not a giant meteor had hit the Earth. We could have slanted eyes if not Caucasians found a way to shield their eyes (Arabs too). We could be so many other things, but we're not, because evolutionary benefits exist in not just physical traits.
>>
>>8282173
I think arabs have longer eyelashes on average.
I can't find evidence for it outside of pictures ( no studies) but it seems likely.
Besides, its easier to get out of a sandstorms way than it is to stop looking at bright snow.

And Nordic whiteys have blue eyes. Maybe both mutations were successful in protecting against the snow's reflection, having the other on top of that wouldn't have given them a greater ability to reproduce.
>>
>>8281592
No genetic advantage OP, its just a plesiomorphic condition
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.