[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Bang Theory, Best Theory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Early Universe Pepe.jpg (53KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Early Universe Pepe.jpg
53KB, 1920x1080px
/sci/, is the Big Bang Theory just meme? Do you guys think some other theories, whilst being less know of course, could be more accurate and true?
>>
>>8281132
>some other theories
You are, of course, going to share some of these other theories with us, right?
>>
>>8281140
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was asking if anyone simply knew of any other theories and thought they were better.

Nothing like creationism of course.
>>
>>8281151
They're all very much like Creationism. All.
>>
>>8281132
Akaik, the Big Bang theory is the best we've had for a long time
>>
>>8281167
Would you say the Big Bang Theory is just as absurd as Creationism though? To be quite honest, this is something I've struggled with for a long time. To want to believe in either seems to require some acceptance of both their respective absurdity.

I think this is ultimately why I'm wondering if there are any other reasonable theories out there.
>>
>>8281175
Whats truly absurd is that you and your ilk are under the impression science is a belief system.

A collection of stories written on scrolls thousands of years ago can't be lumped into the same category as rational thought based on empirical evidence. The big bang theory presents us with a model that can be tested, and predictions can be made from the results. What model does creationism provide you?
>>
>>8281303
That moment you realize everything stands to be a belief system, no matter how rational or empirical the evidence may be.

Either way, make no mistake, I'm with you on what you said.
>>
>>8281303
>theory
>empirical

It's a theory for a reason
Creationism is a theory too
And even if the Big Bang is true then we're dealing with infinite regression
>>
>>8281567
>Creationism is a theory too

No.
It's a belief. At least get your terminology right. A theory isn't akin to a guess.
>>
i banged ya mum
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.