[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kinda like Chemistry...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: r1239525_16420765.jpg (65KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
r1239525_16420765.jpg
65KB, 840x840px
>For this thread we just despite the fact, that electronic charges would just rip this whole thing apart.

What would a kilogramm of electrons look like? Which color would it have, would it act similarish to a liquid, a solid or a gas? Would it be a "seethrought" material? Density? Have fun!
>>
>What would a kilogramm of electrons look like?
Like a lot of empty space since electrons don't like sticking together
>>
>>8278468
They would diffuse immidiately so you probably cannot see them
>>
That's a fuckload of electrons m8
>>
they will all be red and electricute you
>>
>>8278468
An electron is not large enough to reflect visible light, they're too small and too high energy to be able to be clumped together like that, plus they require a nucleus around which to travel so they'd just go off flying through matter and space. Even if you could they are so impossibly small it would take an absurd amount of them which would create an insanely (unstable) negative force that would probably kill you and your entire family, which I'm inclined to think would be a net positive for humanity. It's an impossible scenario.
>seethrought
>Have fun!
triggered
Suck my dick OP.
>>
Op here again... Just wanna remind everyoneof the first sentence:

>For this thread we just despite the fact, that electronic charges would just rip this whole thing apart.
>>
>>8278468
>>8279473
>For this thread we just despite the fact, that electronic charges would just rip this whole thing apart

The charge and subsequent spin of electrons are the only real characteristics that define electrons. Thus, having a conversation about the sight and phase about the material would be about as useful as: How obese would a person have to be to break a chair, but independent of their weight.
>>
>>8279478
>The charge and subsequent spin of electrons
What? Spin doesn't follow from charge. An electron neutrino is basically an electron with no electric charge - it still has spin 1/2.
>>
>>8278468
I do not believe the electrons would display colour due to reflection of light and the "kg of electrons" would undergo coulomb fission and disappear. The closest thing you'll get to seeing electrons is in a spark or a solution of solvated electrons which give a nice blue colour
>>
>>8278468
>What would a kilogramm of electrons look like?
Given you'd need to put them in some kind of potential well to stop them from all fucking off, it wouldn't be transparent.
It would be an opaque, high pressure gas(ish) that glows by emitting black body radiation. The colour would vary based on how hot it was. The density would simply depend on how many electrons you put in the container, and how large the container was.
>>
>>8278468
Literally just metal
There's a chemistry experiment I've heard of in which you get a bunch of pure electrons (can't remember what it's called) but it looks exactly like metal
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.