[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Îto Calculus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: ito.png (25KB, 678x409px) Image search: [Google]
ito.png
25KB, 678x409px
Hello /sci/, any of you bois into Îto Calculus?

I'm especially interested in the Heston model and stochastic integrals. If you've got any good resources on this, please post them here.
>>
File: tumblr_nbnxqo1D4m1tq9bh9o1_250.png (40KB, 250x154px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbnxqo1D4m1tq9bh9o1_250.png
40KB, 250x154px
I'm a bit curious as well about how /sci/ bros into calculus.

My masters thesis topic pivoted from being about plant ecology (lame/boring) to focusing on physics modelling (interesting/based) which I'm keeping my head above water on, even though I've never taken a physics class and I barely squeaked through Calc 2 (~7 years ago when I was a dumb nihilistic kid - I'd do much better now that I actually care about learning).

I could really use some kind of thoroughly distilled undergrad-level primer book to drill the basics of this stuff into my head.
>>
File: Capture.png (93KB, 898x886px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
93KB, 898x886px
>>8278414
Mathematica has some nice tools for SDEs. Here's what the equations on the "Heston model" Wikipedia page look like with parameters that I pulled out of my ass.
>>
>>8278414
I used to do a lot of studying of that stuff back when I went through a mathematical finance phase. Unfortunately I've lost all of my notes from that.

Ultimately though they're basically just integrals of random processes. It's seeing what you'd get assuming the process follows a certain distribution. A CDF is essentially the distribution of the Ito integral of the random process that is distributed according to the corresponding PDF.
>>
>>8278470
>Wiener process
Top kek
>>
>>8278785
That's exactly what a random walk is called.

Get your head out of the gutter.
>>
>>8278414
Oksendal

>>8278778
this is wrong
>>
>>8279054
It was intended as a simplification, but please explain how it's wrong.
>>
>>8279115
a CDF is a function but the Ito integral of a random process is a random variable
>>
>>8279124
Yes, which is why I said the CDF is the distribution OF that integral.
>>
>>8278778
>I went through a mathematical finance phase

OP here and I'm going through this phase now. What phase comes after this one?
>>
>>8279232
I think after that I went into a circuit design phase, which has lasted into the present, seeing as I'm still an EE major.
>>
>>8279130
Sorry, I misread it. But it's still wrong or at least misleading- a CDF and the corresponding PDF both correspond to the same distribution
>>
>>8279239
Right, but the PDF of the distribution of the integral is essentially the CDF of the distribution of the integrand.
>>
>>8279238
Ah, I'm an Applied Math major so I hope this phase will last for me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.