[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A random universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

If every initial condition of the universe is known, could anything truly be random?
>>
File: dog.jpg (141KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
141KB, 960x717px
woah damn bro you are a really deep thinker
>>
>>8277221
no
>>
>>8277221
I was wondering something similar.

If we have a unified theory and a set of formulas for that.

Could we predict what was the state of a person that lived 200 years ago and copy that inside a computer?
>>
>>8277221
It's an unsolved problem. All we can say is you have to choose between counterfactual definiteness and locality, and most physicists would rather keep locality. The rest is speculation.
>>
Define initial
>>
>>8277227
Why of course you're correct. This is all a matter of speculation, and ultimately holds no grounded evidence. However speculation is quite fun!

>>8277231
By Initial I mean every condition in which the universe begun. My assertion is that having all relevant data of the origins of the universe, in addition to the means to predict all outcomes, that nothing cannot be predicted.
>>
>>8277259
>However speculation is quite fun!
Is it?
>My assertion is that having all relevant data of the origins of the universe, in addition to the means to predict all outcomes, that nothing cannot be predicted.
Okay, I read that that's your assertion. Now what?
>>
>>8277221
Yes, why not? If the universe is stochastic the same initial conditions can produce almost any outcome
>>
>>8277221
How did the previous universe end?
>>
Tell me how you would know the conditions of a particle with certainty
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 196x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 196x144px
Didn't expect this did you bitch, life is random
>>
Spiderman thread now
>>
>>8277221
you clearly never heard of quantum mechanics
>>
>>8277286
Who is to say there was a previous universe?
>>
>>8277221
Ok, let's forget QM...

Without any randomness you'll get a fractal universe. More repeatable, without mistakes. Boring. Universe couldn't evolve to what it is now without some randomness thrown into it's initial algorithms.
>>
>>8277231
define define
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.