[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

amirite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: untitled.jpg (16KB, 421x427px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
16KB, 421x427px
i was smoking a cigarette today and started wondering... what is it thats pulling the air into my lungs? contraction of muscles? who knows.

but then i started thinking deeper, how does a vacuum cleaner work? then I researched...

this is what i found, that it creates sort of a "whirpool" of air that sucks air in.
>>
You've cracked the great mystery of the diaphragm.. We're made of spinning blades anon.
>>
File: thoeyr.jpg (29KB, 421x492px) Image search: [Google]
thoeyr.jpg
29KB, 421x492px
But the reason I am here on /sci/ is because...
well... i still don't understand

if a fan BLOWS air >>>

how can a fan SUCK air <<< ?
>>
is it like...

if you take a blanket or towel and spin it really fast and let it hover an inch above the floor all the dust would move around...

and then if u apply glue (vacuum filter) all over the blanket the dust that would rise would stick to the blanket?
>>
>>8274220
Air, like any gas, is a bunch of molecules bouncing around and colliding with each other. When one area has less molecules than another, it's easier for molecules from the denser area to get to the less dense area, because there are fewer molecules pushing it away from the less dense area and more molecules in the dense area pushing it towards the less dense area. When you breathe in, your muscles stretch, increasing the volume of your lungs, decreasing the density of air. This forces air into the less dense lungs until density balances.

Wind turbines are entirely different, they push air mechanically. When you push air towards one direction you are also sucking air away from the opposite direction.
>>
and since this thread is going nowhere,

will someone just post some good links to how a vacuum works?? or what makes it work???

I googled and it only showed me vacuum cleaner stuff, it said air pressure, but it didn't show the mechanics
>>
>>8274257
THEN TELL ME WHY

when you put your face in front of a fan you can feel air on your face

but if you go behind the fan, you can't feel your face being sucked
>>
>>8274263
Because it's not powerful enough. Air is a lot easier to move than a face.
>>
>>8274277
ok, i thought so i was just trying to be funny

but i see there are many ways to create a vacuum now,, not worth my time to research

because really nobody will ever know how the vacuum of a black hole works ;)
>>
let this thread die

it's going to get religious in here
>>
>>8274280
Quantum gravity ;)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.