[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is being in medical school seen as such an amazing thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Dead_Michael.png (3MB, 1920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Michael.png
3MB, 1920x1000px
Why is being in medical school seen as such an amazing thing to be in by the average person, while they couldn't give a fuck about advanced degree in other hard or harder subjects?

Random picture.
>>
Why find girls pilots attractive?
>>
>>8271546
Everyone knows about doctors and everyone knows they make good money.

If you are like most people then at some point in your life your parents probably told you that you should be a doctor.

Basically because it is a meme and that implies that it is popular. Everyone knows about it so everyone talks about it. Nothing special here.
>>
>>8271546
Authority mentality.

People who can "save" you become deities to normal people.
>>
>>8271584
Why should your parents randomly tell you to become X?

Are you Asian?
>>
People in general are ignorant and worship degrees and titles. Poor people know about doctors and what they do. They dont know what 90+% of stem workers do.
>>
>>8271596
I am not asian and they did not directly told me to be one but I am sure that at least once my mom told me about how doctors make good money and that I should get good grades to aspire to be like them.

Something like that.
>>
>>8271546
because doctors directly save lives with their degrees.

also media plays a big role in it to. House, ER, etc.
>>
>Why is being in medical school seen as such an amazing thing to be in by the average person

because doctors have sufficient responsibility to fuck someones shit seriously up. They also may do surgery/put their fingers up your butt, tear off skin, sew wounds etc.

Normies just dont realize doctors do not give a single fuck and lost any shreds of humanity a long time ago

thats why normies are impressed, they go "wow how can this guy do this shit and still be a shit-normie good for nothing human being?" The poor souls they dont realize
>>
>>8272631

That's because they take what doctor's say at face value. When a doctor says 'I do what I do because I care about people :^)' what he's really saying is 'I am sexually aroused by other peoples' praise and approval.' They just don't know how to read between the lines.
>>
>>8271601
Their lives are terrible. They work constantly and unless you love medicine (spoiler: it's boring) you won't even have enough time to get your ass kissed to a degree that would make it worthwhile.

I opted for EE but if I had studied something like chemistry or a soft science like bio I would try to become a pharmacist
>chill at work all day
>call yourself a drug dealer
>know which QTs in your town have STDs

Or if you don't just want to kick back, pursue a field that is at least interesting, like genetics. Medicine is shit.
>>
ITT plebs who couldn't get accepted into med school
>>
>>8272637
brah we're talking about actual doctors not students
>>
>>8271546
Because normies only see doctors as "hurr they save lifes, it is almost magic" and not as the advanced plumbers they really are
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.