[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Fermi Paradox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1465803083067.jpg (73KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1465803083067.jpg
73KB, 543x549px
Redpill me on the Fermi Paradox
>>
It's like when you are 100% sure that you are getting your dick wet but suddenly you find yourself masturbating at home.
>>
File: Paul%20-%20Jane%20Lynch[1].jpg (381KB, 940x908px) Image search: [Google]
Paul%20-%20Jane%20Lynch[1].jpg
381KB, 940x908px
lots of hypothetical habitable planets
lots of anticipated alien civilizations
no signal of lyfe anywhere
where the hell is everybody ?
>>
>>8268101
Spooky spectator ship
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Read this
>>
>>8268080

We're the first technologically advanced species to evolve in the universe so we are the ancient aliens
>>
>>8268484
>in the universe

change that to "in this part of the milky way galaxy" and your post will actually make sense
>>
>>8268080
The reason we aren't hearing anything is because intelligent life is incredibly rare. It takes trillions and trillions of steps to go exactly right for life to evolve into a civilization species.
>>
Its not a paradox. The universe can be brimming with life and they would have no reason to be interested in earth
>>
File: cgRTOSs.jpg (84KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
cgRTOSs.jpg
84KB, 800x520px
>>8268080
>Redpill me on the Fermi Paradox
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox#Criticism_of_logical_basis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox#Hypothetical_explanations_for_the_paradox
tl;dr: There are so many possible explanations, and so little reason for us to expect to see any E.T.s that it's a complete non-issue.
You might as well wonder why the sun doesn't occasionally come up in the west instead of the east.
>>
>>8269099
Even if they would be, it would not be for the material resources, as many argue, since there are plenty other galactic bodies which have enough resources to farm.
If an extraterrestrial advanved life form would be interested in humanity i can only believe that the reason for this would be either enslavement of a somewhat intellectual race or simply for entertainment purposes.
Lastly, these species could be studiying us as intelligent lifeforms.
>>
Maybe intergalactic travel really isn't as possible as sci-fi makes us think it is.
But we'll be damned if we dont try to get there anyway.
>>
>>8268080
you cannot in good faith make the assumptions that fermi did
>>
it's like a catch 22 for subatomic particles
>>
Like, it's been 60~ years since we started trying to contact other lifeforms in the Universe. If they were 30 light years away we would be getting back a message from them right now. 30 light years is nothing. Give it some time.
>>
>>8269392
Don't expect to hear anything.
>>
>>8269392
yeah except radio waves become indecipherable after about a light year
>>
>>8269392
>30 light years is nothing

That's 180 trillion miles

You'd need to fly a ship at 670 million miles per hour for 30 years to cover that distance. "nothing" isnt quite how id describe that.
>>
>>8268080
Read the wikipedia article you stupid monkey.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.