[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ballmer Peak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Ballmer-Peak.jpg (75KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Ballmer-Peak.jpg
75KB, 640x426px
Is the ballmer peak real?
>>
>>>/g/
>>
Yes.
>>
Is there any real science to back up the claim.
>>
I don't think anyone would fund this type of study.
>>
>>8263769
>Test it for yourself
>Find out if it's empirically true for you, by your own metric
>Better understand the universe and yourself, for yourself, by yourself, instead of reading someone else's shit and then deciding to have faith in that "this is how it works, cuz they said so."
Congrats bud, you're doing science and can answer it for yourself! :^)
Now you just have to get your dick out of your hand, get some booze, stop posting inane horseshit on a Mongolian tapestry weaving and basket construction discussion circle website, and pursue the truth.
>>
All you would need is some alcohol and some programmers.
>>
It would have to be a longitudinal study with the same groups. You would have to alternate the control group. Use electroencephalography and wearable fMRI and test blood alcohol level continuously. You would need a real good programmer to evaluate the work
>>
>>8263787
>longitudal study
Yes, this. But it also depends on the individual and their overall frame of life. We're talking a timespan of years, a demographic from 20's to 40's of various ancestries, and a sample size of at least 10,000.

The goal wouldn't be to evaluate the BAC range typically associated with the Ballmer peak, it would be to find if such a peak can exist, and if so, when. I know I've experienced it, and I know my own context, but there's a lot of factors to control for.
>>
>>8263745
Anecdotal, but I've coded while under the influence on a few occasions and have found that I'm quicker and make fewer mistakes.

Also, some empirical evidence to support it.
http://observer.com/2012/04/bottoms-up-the-ballmer-peak-is-real-study-says/
>>
>>8263745
> Is the ballmer peak real?

Yeah, it actually is.

Just do some debugging while you're sober, and you should be fine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.