[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is between the lines? Is it silence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (11KB, 333x151px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 333x151px
What is between the lines? Is it silence?
>>
the exact inbetween would be antinodes which aren't silent because it's the minimum amplitude. inbetween those would then be silence.
>>
>>8263718
so there is no region with absolute zero oscilations of medium, just high and low regions, making sound wave continuous just like EM . Is this correct?
>>
>>8263722
no, i'm saying there is a zero, it's just inbetween the node and antinode. having a wave where it's minimum is zero means its maximum is zero, which means its flat, which means there's no sound to begin with. if you are talking about a case where there is clearly a positive maximum then the only place where silence can exist is in-between the max and min since they cancel themselves out.
>>
>>8263727
Cancelling each other. I understand now. Thanks.
>>
No, its high and low pressure waves, how they go after each other....
>>
File: gorilla(83).jpg (69KB, 490x658px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla(83).jpg
69KB, 490x658px
>>8263704
The 'lines' don't exist. 'Waves' don't exist. They're just terms used by dumb people to explain things like muh quantum mechanics to other dumb people.
>>
>>8263818
your brain waves certainly don't exist.
>>
>>8263819
That's correct. The constituents of my brain use electricity to communicate with each other, not 'brain waves'.
>>
>>8263718
>antinodes
>traveling wave
Is this an elaborate ruse, or are you of a small mind?
>>
>>8263822
and what is electricity? i can't wait to hear you meme an explanation.

>inb4 it's just electrons man

>>8263823
suggesting they don't exist in a is like saying there are no minima/maxima in a traveling wave
>>
>>8263830
It's just ions man.
>>
>>8263830
Well it is just electons. >inb4'ing the obvious answer doesn't nullify it.
>>
>>8263836
it's not even that. it's their potential energy being distributed, in the form of a....want me to say it?
>>
>>8263830
>suggesting they don't exist in a is like saying there are no minima/maxima in a traveling wave
Non sequitur. Moving maxima/minima of air pressure or velocity at the surfaces of constant phase aren't nodes or antinodes. In particular, there's no "silence" between the maxima as every point gets the full swing of an amplitude over time.
>>
File: muh.orbitalz.png (3KB, 119x121px) Image search: [Google]
muh.orbitalz.png
3KB, 119x121px
this thread reminds me of when people ask what is inbetween electrons of differing valency

>more accurately exists as a cloud

>b..but.... m...my drawing ?
>>
>>8263845
Nobody knows what the form is. 'Wave' is just a very undescriptive word created by dumb people to confuse dumb people.
>>
>>8263818
yeah everyone knows sound is made of particles

listen to the gorilla
>>
>>8263822
>electricity
Oh god, the robots are starting to post on sci
>>
>>8263704
It's the sound of silence.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (267KB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
267KB, 1728x1080px
>>8263704
>What is between the lines? Is it silence?

I don't know, is it?

What would you call such a thing?

Cyclic kinetic molecular compression phases?
>>
>>8263704
People, you dont hear the up and downs of the wave.
You hear the fourier transformation of the waves. There is no silence in between.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.