[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Climate Change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

I don't know if this deserves its own thread, I lurk a lot but I'm not smart or a STEMfag, but I want to talk about climate change. There's a lot of conflicting infirmation out there and its hard to do my own research as a layman because the real info is hidden in "actual" scientific papers that are hard for me to understand. So give to me straight /sci/. Are we fucked?
>>
File: pooh.gif (978KB, 430x228px) Image search: [Google]
pooh.gif
978KB, 430x228px
yes
>>
>>8258546
We're fucked in the ass and pay out the pussy/pp hole, mouth, ears, and nose with taxes and cost transference. They turned climate change into a nice excuse to print more $$$ from the jewish controlled federal reserve.
>>
>>8258548
What can we do at this point to mitigate the damage? And what are most damaging factors of climate change. I understand it'll be a lot warmer, what will happen to the agricultural industry? What is the average citizen's life expectancy after the crash?
>>
>>8258557
Hmm
>>
File: doge.gif (497KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
doge.gif
497KB, 400x225px
>>8258558
>What can we do at this point to mitigate the damage?
nothing, it's too late

>What is the average citizen's life expectancy after the crash?
you realize were going the way of the dino's right?
>>
File: 1457202025810.jpg (48KB, 458x390px) Image search: [Google]
1457202025810.jpg
48KB, 458x390px
>>8258562
>believing this idiot
>>
File: dont save this or else.png (1MB, 800x933px) Image search: [Google]
dont save this or else.png
1MB, 800x933px
>>8258565
>>
What about methane clathrates in the permafrost melting? Is it just a meme?
>>
>>8258580
STEMfag here

>is it just a meme
no

methane liberation after the siberian traps event was the catalyst for the K-T boundary in the past ('the great dying)

>the great dying
look at the name. why do you think they called it that.

yes there have been climate fluctuations historically. yes, the overwhelming scientific consensus is that humans are influencing natural climate fluctuations negatively.

>cant understand scientific papers
focus on abstracts and conclusions then, do not resort to youtube or joe rogan (cmon anon...)
>>
>>8258558
>What can we do at this point to mitigate the damage?
Third world genocide.
> And what are most damaging factors of climate change.
Developing nations
>>
>>8258546
In principle climate change makes sense and it makes sense that humans' actions here are effecting it. But every number, statistic or estimate you're heard is flawed. There are too many variables at play to quantify. All we can empirically say is "Well that can't be good"
>>
>>8258599
Thanks for this info anon. Already found some good info on this and the great dying. Gonna read up, not that it'll matter
>>
>>8258602
>every number, statistic or estimate you've heard is flawed
>so say I, /sci/ poster, guardian of universal knowledge
>>
>>8258599
>KT boundary = the great dying

triggered desu
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.