[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this relevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: what the hot fuck is this.png (48KB, 460x658px) Image search: [Google]
what the hot fuck is this.png
48KB, 460x658px
>starting my actuarial degree this year
>been doing work in anticipation for my first year in college because I don't go out
>look through past papers and see this
>literally no idea what's going on
why do I need this at all? this is more engineering based isn't it?
>>
It's not
Why aren't you enjoying your summer stop slaving over your education
>>
>>8257267
I can't my parents depend on me.
now please. I just want to understand whats going on here.
>>
>>8257275
but why do I need to know it, it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>8257281
You don't, but you might need the techniques involved.
>>
>>8257264
It wants you to differentiate theta, so because theta is only there towards the end all you need to do is remove it from the equation because it will just be a constant

So the answer for the first question would be:

Ti - T0 = alpha(Ti - constant)

To put into words the assumption about the equation all you need to say is the equation states that the difference between the temperature from the boiler and to the boiler is equal to alpha (temperature from the boiler minus temperature of the tank)

Do you understand it now?
>>
>>8257320
I'm pretty sure that's not how it goes. unless I'm not reading it correctly and you're right but I really don't see how that's worth 6 marks.

its dtheta over d T little i
>>
>>8257320
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>8257327
Fuck off that was a legit answer I think you're the retarded one here
>>
>>8257320
This is bait right?
>>
>>8257320
thanks I guess
>>
differential equations are used extensively by actuaries

hence you need to learn them
>>
>>8258518
This

Also, the equation is just newton's law of cooling. You can look it up.

The assumption is that the water moves fast enough that the heat radiation doesnt change significantly throughout the coil, otherwise heat transfer would be proportional to dti/dt, making the system non linear and difficult to solve
>>
File: MSword screencap.png (23KB, 592x860px) Image search: [Google]
MSword screencap.png
23KB, 592x860px
>>8257264
Could anyone tell me if I made any mistakes? would appreciate the help as I have no one else to ask lol
>>
>>8258911
ok its entirely wrong then
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.