[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the real percentaje of heredability of IQ in children?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Chisala-9.png (72KB, 811x525px) Image search: [Google]
Chisala-9.png
72KB, 811x525px
what's the real percentaje of heredability of IQ in children?
>>
>>8247877
There isn't one because IQ is nonsense.
>>
>>8247897
in what sense?
>>
>>8248325
In a sense that small IQ brainlets understandably get buttmad and reject the notion of IQ :^)
>>
>>8247897
>>8248325
IQ is nonsense because it's a test of how you can manipulate shapes to form patterns. This was the case when I took the MENSA test at least.

>>8248344
This is true I suppose, but if you're showing off that you have a high IQ (as people that have gotten high IQ scores tend to believe that the IQ test is a valid form of intelligence assessment to feed their egos), shouldn't you be out there changing the world instead of shitposting on an anonymous imageboard?
>>
>>8247877

Probably similar to height.

Look up the Galton study on heritability of height. Regression to the mean.

It means that if your parents are above average, you'll almost certainly be above average, but less so than the parents.

And if your parents are below average, you'll probably be better than they are but less than average.
>>
>>8248359
Do you think all rich people spend their time and money trying to save the world ? Being smart doesn't mean you're not a jerk.
>>
>>8247877

There isn't a 'real' percentage of heritability because environment will influence heritability. To use a simple example, in an environment where heavy metal poisoning due to contaminants in water is common, heritability of IQ will be lower since the metals will be making all the children stupider.
>>
>>8247877

You cant inherit IQ.
IQ is a measurement.
>>
>>8248359
>abstract thinking
>nonsense
How do you think we got to this point, brah?
>>
>>8250976

>IQ
>Abstract thinking

You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
The thing with IQ is that people who have high IQ tend to credit IQ too much and people who have lower IQ tend to discredit it too much. IQ doesnt say anything about how successful you are or will be but it's not bad to possess a high IQ. FYI my IQ is above 140 which puts me in the top 2% percent at least. Something I'm proud of but don't overvalue.

>tl;dr IQ is good but not the only deciding factor in life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.