[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is a widely known fact that, if you give attention to your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tantrum.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
It is a widely known fact that, if you give attention to your child who's doing it by behaving badly,
you should definitely not give attention for it! Ever!
it is like giving dog a treat every time you want it to stop.

How can we answer the observation that adults still raise children by giving them attention that way.

We can draw a few conclusion from this,
those adults are not aware of this and are just raising them like animals,
or they are aware of that, but want the children to continue badly in the future too,
or they are aware of it, but can't help their behaviour?

In either case, it really seems most people are so stubborn they can't even trust science, the only thing you can trust in this world.
>>
>>8247675
>science
>dumb old wives tales and musings by psychologists

Fuck off retard >>>/lit/
>>
>>8247690

Lol,
it is science, it is a scientific observation that children will begin to behave better if the adults don't give them attention for their bad behaviour.

And since that is science, you are more than welcome to prove that to be wrong.
>>
>>8247675
If you never gives a child attention, does it die ? ...
>>
>>8247693

And how about find something better to do than trolling?

Some of us actually want to raise our kids properly, unlike your parents.
>>
>>8247695
That bot's "parents" have raised exactly how they wanted, anon.
>>
>>8247700

Stupid parents then, since not capable of doing a better job than that.
>>
>>8247675
My parents would beat the shit out of me if I did that.
>>
>>8247675
With the level of Autism here, I really hope nobody here reproduces. I do have an older buddy who works in behavioral therapy, and for all the jargon they use to describe what they do, they really are doing no more than obedience training with Downs Syndrome and Autistic children . If the little potato or future /sci/ poster misbehaves, you ignore him. If he does well, you reward him. You can't smack the little bastard, so instead all you do is ignore him to not reinforce the behavior or redirect his attention to make him do something else. That is all they fucking do. Otherwise known as not giving into a brat at every cry. This guy literally went to school to learn to not spoil kids. Crazy innit.
>>
>>8247800

I hope you reproduce at least, and the ones that know how to actually raise kids to be adults as they should behave.

That guys is doing an important job though, parents, people are rather stupid in general :D apparently, because animals are stupid, what do we expect.

You could do that job, why are there schools for that, lol.
>>
>people beat their children senseless for countless generations if they got out of line and it worked like a charm
>all of sudden child psychologists and hippies with authority problems proclaimed that if children get out of line you're to ignore them or use "positive reinforcement" instead
>people bought it en masse and raise an entire generation of shitheads
White people be stupid lmao
>>
>>8247675
>It is a widely known fact that, if you give attention to your child who's doing it by behaving badly,
>you should definitely not give attention for it! Ever!

This is a wholly untrue statement. It isn't about giving or not giving attention, but the type your provide. Punishment works on humans, not on dogs.
>>
>>8250032

That is false, because there are plenty studies where this has been proved,
not giving attention to kids when they behave badly, and giving attention when they behave not badly.

Punishment doesn't work on humans, it works to some extent, but that's the reason there will and always will be criminals, because punishment doesn't work in those cases.
>>
Its not attention, its explanation that it needs to stop.

Actually, the reasons mostly are you have problem by the fact you are following patterns that are for kids strictly forbidden by the session as you learn it about slavery and racism...
>>
>>8250127

You are really awful at trolling.

It's attention, actions, kids are fucking awful understanding words, like humans in general.

You are free to prove that observation wrong, anytime, try which one works better.
Which one stop a kid from behaving badly,
explanation or not giving attention.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.