[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 dollary doos says you fuckwits can't solve this 1st year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: rolling_wheel.jpg (7KB, 272x190px) Image search: [Google]
rolling_wheel.jpg
7KB, 272x190px
"The wheel rolls without slipping. The centre of the wheel travels at a constant speed, Vo. Calculate the magnitude of the velocity vector at a point A on the rim of the wheel as shown."
>>
frame of referance?
>>
>>8247575
whatever makes it easiest to solve
>>
>>8247576
That's dumb
0 with respect to A
>>
>>8247570
>itt anon tries to bait people into doing his homework for him.

Nice try, but it's been done before.
>>
seems to me it's also v0
otherwise the wheel would kinda disintegrate wouldnt it
>>
>>8247589
>Tries to come up with excuses as to why he can't solve it
nice try faget, keep studying arts/philosphy
>>
>>8247595
Will do, enjoy failing out of university.
>>
>>8247590
yeah it's also v0 (if that vector also points to the left)
you could also decompose it in sin and cos because the v0=tan(velocity at A) so...
>>
>>8247570
[math] \omega = \frac{v_{0}}{r} [\math] ,

where [math]r[/math] is the radius of the wheel.
>>
>>8247603
fuuck
>>
>>8247601
sorry I meant to say (velocity at A) times tan(theta)
but im not sure
>>
>>8247590
Wrong.

Op do your own hw.
>>
>>8247603
Oh nevermind, it's meant to be a cycloid. Parametrically describe it and then get your velocity magnitude.
>>
Ill give you a hint, use
Va=Rw*i^ +Rw(-sin(theta)i^ +cos(theta)j^)
>>
>>8247570
it translates with v0 but also rotates around O.
Therefore its vectorial velocity is

v_A = v0 + w*r*(sin(theta), cos(theta)) = v0 + v0*(sin(theta), cos(theta))

frame of reference is the system in which the wheel has the constant velocity V0.
>>
>>8247581
>reference frame
>accelerating
back to high school for you
>>
[math]\bar{v}=V_0( (-\ sin (\theta)-1) \hat{e}_x +\cos {\theta} \hat{e}_y )[/math]
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.