[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all of these images look so different?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Why do all of these images look so different?
>>
>what is technological advancements in photography
>>
As far as I'm aware only the two on the upper left are real images, the rest are composites. Those two are different only in colour but the cameras didn't have the same filter palate and the white balance is unlikely to be the same. If you look back at the NASA releases for some of these images that was made quite clear, the person who made that image is a liar.
>>
>>8243869
What are different cameras?
>>
>>8243869
Notice how in the first one even the background is different. Different cameras have different specifications (sensitivity to various wavelengths, dynamic range etc) and can be configured diffently. Plus the earth changes over time. Imagine taking pictures of your house over that period of time with different cameras, all of the pictures would look very different.
>>
>>8243869

Different lenses can distort an image.
>>
>>8243880
>>8243881
>>8243882
>>8243883
Then explain this.
>>
>>8243893

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkdAgyJ3Xqw

It took me 10 seconds to find this video.

Also a $600 camera on Earth taking a picture of Uranus like that is pretty good for what it's worth.
>>
>>8243893

>attach telescope to camera
>take photo

Do you really need this spelled out for you?!
>>
>>
>>8243869
>>>/p/
let them insult you for us
>>
>>8243893
That's just out of focus or over-magnified. You defocus a star in a camera and you get a flat disk with various aberrations in it. Same thing happens if you use too much magnification. If the creator of that image did any checking he would find every star looked similar and all were much to large to be real. That camera physically couldn't resolve features on Uranus that well, it would be beating the diffraction limit (which that shitty thing will not reach).

It reminds me of those videos on youtube where a guy zooms into stars and gets nonsense which he claims are UFOs.
>>
>>8243893
>>8243916

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhvUvXdvTs&feature=youtu.be
You can see from the way he zooms out it's aberration, the PSF is asymmetrical.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.