[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people differentiate natural selection and artificial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why do people differentiate natural selection and artificial selection? Under my understanding artificial selection aught to just be a sub category of natural selection. The "fittest" animals breed more often and their fitness is determined by their environment. The specifics of why their traits are more fit for their environment doesn't usually matter when attributing the "natural selection" label, so why do people make a special case when traits are beneficial because their environment containing humans that regulate breeding.
>>
>Under my understanding artificial selection aught to just be a sub category of natural selection.
It is.

>so why do people make a special case when traits are beneficial because their environment containing humans that regulate breeding.
Because those traits tend to behave quite differently and have very different properties from most nonhuman environmental aspects.
>>
>>8243674
>Under my misunderstanding
FTFY
>>
>>8243674
Nature produces us - and suddenly our decisions are unnatural?
We're literally the rational voice of impersonal nature - we can do w/e the fuck we want, there are no rules other than the laws of the universe.
>>
>>8243674
deluded humans tend to think that some of their actions are not natural
>>
>>8243846
R E K T
K E K D
G I T L
O S T O
P Y O U
S H I T
L O R D

OP should select himself ;)))
>>
>>8243674
Nature doesn't look at particular traits, either a full combination works or it doesn't. Humans often select for something in particular, at the expense of other traits (like resistance to diseases).
>>
>>8243914
>We're literally the rational voice
... are you claiming humans are
literary and rational?? O RLY L0L
>>
>>8243917
in order to survive in nature, natural niggers are normally selected for nostril width, hair frizzyness, lip protrusion, and penchant for fucking children to cure aids

but instead superior whites start allowing only niggers whose penis size is less than verified global average of 5.5" to reproduce in order to feel better about their babby dicks

this would be artificial selection
>>
>>8244038
gtfo, pshitord
>>
>>8243674
I'm really wondering if humans will evolve something new. our genetics barely change and are shit
>>
> so why do people make a special case when traits are beneficial because their environment containing humans that regulate breeding.

Because the traits in question being pushed are influenced by abstract ideals (i.e. economics) that are exclusively derived from human methodology that exclusively benefits human society and in fact severely harms the animal in question.

And the only reason why they're not extinct in nature is because we still need them and therefore reside over their welfare.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merino

That is artificial selection, when the driving force for a trait's existence exist only to serve humans to the point where biologically the animal can't cope and has no way to resolve with it's own innate traits.
>>
>>8244640
edginess goes to >>>/a/
>>
>>8243846
>I know the difference between
>natural and artificial selection.
No, you do not.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.