[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the hardest science? Rocket science?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: deep.jpg (7KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
7KB, 204x247px
What's the hardest science? Rocket science?
>>
>>8243284
Mineralogy.
>>
spirit and social science... maybe some forms of pseudosciences, aggressive invasive psedoscience is like any martial art form, art science ?
>>
Yes

/thread
>>
File: 1453866741682.jpg (59KB, 480x557px) Image search: [Google]
1453866741682.jpg
59KB, 480x557px
>>8243309
minerals?
>>
>>8243284
Quantum Healing.
>>
>>8243284
Metallurgy, specifically the study of diamonds.
>>
Engineering, those cocks dont come soft you know
>>
Alchemy
>>
>>8243284
sexology ;)
>>
>>8244151
aha honey
>>
Surely it's economics? Either economics is the single most difficult science, or economics is not a science at all. I don't care either way.
>>
>>8243436
first hearty laugh of the day. here's 4chan gold for you anon.
>>
Necromancy
>>
>>8244127
>Alchemy
>science

pick one.

For real though, why not just say chemistry? Alchemy is the godfather of chemistry. Also, psuedo-science isn't allowed here.
>>>/x/
>>
>>8244151
Only if your Mom is teaching
>>
>>8243340
First diamonds aren't the hardest anymore haven't been for years if anyone had been keeping up with the journals. Second diamonds are ceramic, not metals.

>>8243284
>>8244161
Economics still hasn't agreed if the underlying structure is recursive or not, which is partly why people still question legitimacy. That and people are a variable they deal with, and people are insanely complex, ask any experimental biologist how hard humans are to deal with.
>>
>>8243284
>What's the hardest science? Rocket science?
Computer science because it's fucking boring.

Quantum mechanics. I don't think rocket science is as hard. Then again....fuck I don't know.
>>
>>8243284
Everything is the same
>>
>>8244564
My favorite is phrenology.
>>
>rocket science
>hardest

i would say it's probably either quantum mechanics or some obscure math branch
>>
Political science
>>
Social science
>>
>>8243317
>/threading your own comment

thats just embarrasing
>>
>>8243284
Theoretical Science
>>
>>8243284
apparently not shitposting is pretty hard...
>>
>>8245017
Hard like the B.B.C. in your M.O.M..
>>
>>8245020
Tell me about it. Getting a Better Bachelors in Chemistry is hard enough without involving Massive Offsite Manufacturing. Still it is worth doing for very dangerous substances and is common in military explosives manufacturing.
>>
>>8244771
Diamond is the hardest metal though
>>
>>8245111
That's just factually incorrect. Ever since the first metallic compound known as diamond was invented in 1884, by the famous sea captain and part-time metallurgist James T. Kirk, the diamond has been crowned kind for more than a century. These days we have even harder metallic compounds such as 3-ruby-1-diamond, and 5-emerald-2-diamond.
>>
File: ceramic hammer.jpg (31KB, 800x694px) Image search: [Google]
ceramic hammer.jpg
31KB, 800x694px
>>8245111
>Diamond is the hardest metal
You walk into my college's material research lab and start talking that level of stupid and you might just "vanish" like a vapor dopent.

We don't tolerate stupidity, and that level is lethal.

So you better shut up before hunt you down I teach you how to tell the difference between metals and ceramics by tissue impacts in the parking lot.
>>
>>8245154
>tell the difference between metals
Diamonds are the hardest
>>
>>8245154
I know ceramics can withstand huge amounts of pressure, but aren't they really brittle? How would ceramic hammer work?
>>
>>8245159
I was referring to the many types metal of hammers I would be teaching you with, compared to the many types of ceramic ones I would also be using.

I got this nice copper based one for no-spark safety environments and the beryllium dopent that make it much harder then you would suspect for a copper based alloy. Hard enough to break your bones, which is a good way to teach you about calcium based bio ceramic fracturing mechanics, as it should be a memorable reference point for you if you survive.
>>
>>8245179
>types metal
Diamond
>>
>>8243284

What would a science have to do in order to qualify it as "hard"?
>>
>>8245189
Stroke it gently
>>
>>8245189
Be closer to the idealized mathematical models it creates in real quantifiable terms rather than just qualitative self validation.
>>
>>8245174
Very true, relative to metals ceramics are very brittle. This is why things like diamond armor is often laughable as it would shatter easily under most conditions.

However advancement in material engineering have made this lines very blurry, and new methods and hybrids like composites bring whole new things to the table. In short once you get to the higher end stuff, all the rules seem to go out the window.

This ceramic hammer was mostly a marketing stunt by Coors Tech decades ago to show off their Zirconia Toughened Alumina, a huge breakthrough at the time as it change the world literally. The idea is that on impact the crack propagates till it hits a tiny zircona pocket that phase changes both absorbing and redirecting the energy. So while the ceramic is taking real damage, the larger structural properties barley change till they add up over time to a critical failure condition. The result is a hammer you can use for years, before it finally breaks rather then it breaking on the first strike. So it is actually very useful and has many manufacturing advantages for certain applications, although it is not really sold as a typical hammer.
>>
>>8245203
Highly intriguing. I appreciate the time you took to explain this.
>>
>>8243284
Women's studies
>>
parapsychology
>>
File: 1435317633768.jpg (13KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435317633768.jpg
13KB, 453x500px
>>8245111
ayyyy nice
>>
>>8245137
>such as 3-ruby-1-diamond, and 5-emerald-2-diamond
>IUPAC
kys
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.