[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have found nicotine to be an awesome nootropic. Two times a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (142KB, 768x920px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
142KB, 768x920px
I have found nicotine to be an awesome nootropic. Two times a day administrativing 2mg via throat lozenge (best englisch word I could find for what I mean) is awesome for studying.

But I have a question for the biochemists/meds

How would you rate nicotines adverse effects? Especially inhibition of tumor suppressor mechanisms and clot formation?
>>
File: 1.jpg (90KB, 768x477px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90KB, 768x477px
>pic related
Suppressing of tumor suppressor mechanisms, or am I reading this incorrect?
>>
Daily smoking-is-healthy shilling thread again ?

>>>/trash/

>>>/trash/

>>>/trash/
>>
File: 1.jpg (44KB, 768x284px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44KB, 768x284px
Two-fold increase of tumorsize
Nine-fold increase of metastasis

This sounds no good
Especially under the fact, that most cancers which are diagnosed in your sixties actually grow since your twenties
>>
>>8242958

No-no I absolutely despise those retards who think smoking organic tobacco is not harmful.

This is purely about pure nicotine administrated through nicotine replacement therapy medication.
>>
>>8242965
Effects of Nicotine :

Brain: Nicotine disrupts normal neurotransmitter activity, causing chemical changes and addiction. Other neurological symptoms caused by nicotine include light-headedness, sleep disturbance, dizziness, and tremors.
Heart and Arteries: Nicotine increases heart rate and raises blood pressure when it stimulates the release of adrenaline. Short term, this means your body is less efficient when you exercise. It has to work harder getting the blood and oxygen to cells that need it, preventing the body from reaching its maximum potential. Long term, the stress on the heart and arteries can lead to increased risk of heart attack and can even lead to a stroke and/or aneurysm.
Eyes: Nicotine reduces the ability to see at night by stopping the production of pigments in the eyes specially designed for low-light vision. Adrenaline released by nicotine reduces peripheral vision, and in the end, nicotine accelerates the degeneration of the eyes.
Metabolism: Nicotine increases calories burned but decreases endurance by wasting energy in the effort. So, while nicotine users may have the energy to sprint down the block, they won't have the maximum lung or heart capacity to get their best score on a PT running test or maybe even to finish the all-night trek with their unit.
Reproductive System: Nicotine prohibits proper blood circulation and is a leading cause of erectile dysfunction (impotence) for men under 40. Nicotine also increases the risk of infertility and miscarriage. And if babies exposed to nicotine in utero do make it to birth, they tend to have low birth weights, be born prematurely, and have increased risk for lung problems.
Bones: When used over time, nicotine alters cellular structures and has been found to increase risk for fractures while contributing long-term to the development of weakened bones (osteoporosis).

now back to >>>/trash/
>>
>>8242968

Please cite the adverse effects of coffein in a similar manner
>>
in the early 90s, my dad's gf took part in a clinical trial of a number of different recreational drugs, on rats, and the only drug they found with any positive effects was nicotine (mostly affected memory and cognition, and it appeared to have a long term effect on cognition)

and after publishing, the govt withdrew their funding, funny that
>>
>>8242957
>Suppressing of tumor suppressor mechanisms
correct
>>
>>8242965
>No-no I absolutely despise those retards who think smoking organic tobacco is not harmful.

Why do you think it is?
>>
>>8242988
How was the nicotine ingested in the study?
>>
What's the lethal dose for nicotine? I once read that the whole nicotine content of a cig could kill you if it were injected directly into your blood
>>
File: 5ba.jpg (30KB, 600x600px)
5ba.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
VAPE GANG BOYS I BLOW CLOUDS SO BIG SHIT CAUSED HURRICANE KATRINA.
>>
>>8244210
The whole nicotine content of a cig is around 0.8 mg. Nicotine's LD50 is at least 50mg
>>
>>8242951
>he fell for the nootropics meme
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.