[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got diagnosed with shizoid personality disorder but i feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

I got diagnosed with shizoid personality disorder but i feel like a warm and empathic person.

Is this all in my head and i cant realise it?
>>
>>8241513
So-called "personality disorders" are a blatant Foucault-ian attempt to discredit and pathologize alternative opinions that oppose prevailing social norms. According to the DSM, a pattern of behaviors is classified as a personality disorder when it significantly impedes social and/or occupational functioning. But social and/or occupational functioning is a two-way street: you can't function socially without other people. So there's nothing inherently "disordered" about personality disorders-all they indicate is a disconnect between a person's beliefs/actions and prevailing social norms. Don't think the descriptions as symptoms, but rather as an explicit description of the social norms that you might have failed to pick up on and/or conform to.

>So you're saying that people shouldn't take responsibility for their beliefs or actions-everything is society's fault

Not at all. What I'm saying is merely that personalities can only be "disordered" relative to mainstream social norms. It wasn't so long ago that homosexuality was listed in the DSM. Similarly, before the Civil War, a slave who wanted to escape could be diagnosed with a mental disorder called "Drapetomania". There is no question that either of these "disorders" would have caused the afflicted great anguish.

So if your symptoms really are causing you distress, then by all means try to fix them. But if not, then don't be afraid to reject the diagnosis, and don't let anyone gaslight you by trying to convince you that "it's all in your head".
>>
>>8241554
Thanks a lot for your reply. Really great.
>>
>>8241554
+1

Well stated.
>>
>>8241615
My pleasure anon.Best of luck to you
>>
>>8241513
we aren't ants
>>
Look, this makes something like ordinary deals... Ive informed police about terroristik attack possibility and ive been arested to hospital for schyzophrenia... I am being here illegaly... Held in untrecht hospital, and some dolf here is threating me that i will stay longer if i dont take pills, they dont understand even OR and AND in logic...
>>
>>8241669
That must suck for you. Im lucky though, no meds, just some lame flower-power group therapy.
>>
>>8241554
Thomas Szasz please leave.
>>
>>8241554
I would be pleased if you let me suck your sweaty dick anon.
>>
File: 1460548117575.webm (774KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460548117575.webm
774KB, 640x640px
>>8241554
Logic So Satisfying. Unf.
>>
>>8241513

I wouldn't worry about this too much. I have schizotypal personality disorder. This is basically Schizoid Personality Disorder plus hallucinations. Mine are auditory and I used to talk back to them. I got a lot of side glances in the library. Bottom line is I don't need medication but just had to learn to deal with the symptoms.

Also, I have always been a very empathetic person. I just didn't know how to show it. It made me appear to be cold and uncaring from other peoples viewpoint.

If any of the symptoms bother you, work to change your behavior. If you truly were cold and uncaring you would be a full blown psychopath. Feel good about yourself. This really is a minor and manageable condition. Don't let the label define you. Define yourself as you want to be and most importantly do what makes you happy.
>>
File: 1469994473258.jpg (314KB, 607x736px) Image search: [Google]
1469994473258.jpg
314KB, 607x736px
>>8241798
Are you an INTP?
>>
>>8241554
Lots of personality disorders do describe seriously unpleasant behavior, and a community of people who fit the description wouldn't be able to get along. I don't think there's anything remotely scientific about them, but some of them are basically variations on "is a huge asshole", like antisocial personality disorder (i.e. being a criminal).

Schizoid personality disorder, though, is particular bullshit. It's something psychiatrists can pin on introverts when they just want to make a diagnosis, or a way to blame a person's isolation on their personality and deny the realities of their situation.
>>
>>8241554
Psychology BTFO. This is correct you most likely don't fit in with social norms of today. But like this anon said if you're feeling that your "disorder" is impeding your daily life then take the meds. Otherwise tell him to go fuck him/her self.
>>
File: inception_face.png (52KB, 477x355px) Image search: [Google]
inception_face.png
52KB, 477x355px
>>8241642
That sounds like me.
>>
>>8241952
>>8243409
Introverted = mentally deranged
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.