[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how about using the wings of an airplane as servo tabs? have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: naca-4415-airfoil.png (3KB, 639x411px) Image search: [Google]
naca-4415-airfoil.png
3KB, 639x411px
how about using the wings of an airplane as servo tabs? have the aileron be the anti-servo tab. ofc this would mean that the wings have to be very weak to twisting forces but they could still be strong otherwise.
>>
>>8241055
nobody really has any clue as to what the fuck you are on about, dip shit

>communications 101: introductions
>>
>>8241055
What
>>
>>8241063
>>8241115
if you do not know the terms google them.
>>
>>8241152
>implying the only thing lacking in your post is the definition of the terms you're using
>>
>>8241177
i do not see a problem if you understand what the terms mean.
>>
File: 1452150990751.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452150990751.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>8241190
>not a single point to justify your arbitary "LET'S MAKE [X] DO [THING IT IS NOT INTENDED TO]"
>"let's make it weak to twisting, but we can totally make it strong otherwise, even though I don't give a single fucking explanation HOW to actually accomplish this!! me so smart!!!"
vomiting out random combinations of system parts/features is not a substitute for an actual idea
>>
>>8241152
I understand the terms perfectly fine.
But literally WHAT?!
>>
File: 1440349540446.gif (2MB, 193x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440349540446.gif
2MB, 193x240px
>>8241055
How the fuck would that work?
>>
>>8241951
>>8241294
do you know how a servo tab works? well then the idea is that the whole wing would be the servo tab and there would be an aileron on the end acting as the anti-servo tab.

i'm not quite sure if this has been done with wings before but it has certainly been done with elevators where the whole elevator swivels, actually, many fighter jets today use this.

a problem with doing this with wings would indeed be wing strength.
>>
>>8242721
oh and i forgot to mention, having the wings work as servo tabs has been a problem with many airplanes that have weak wings, try to roll to the left and the plane actually rolls to the right because the ailerons twist the wing to the opposite direction.
>>
>>8241055
You can't use a wing as a servo tab, what would the control surface be? A servo tab is always used to move another surface.

I think you mean to make the whole wing rotateable? Why would this be an advantage?

Also, many aircrafts already have a trim (aka servo tab) on the ailerons.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.