[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ocean planets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Ocean planet.png (240KB, 1280x911px) Image search: [Google]
Ocean planet.png
240KB, 1280x911px
am i the only one here with a phobia of ocean planets?

image a gigantic cold ocean hundreds of kilometers deep, maybe even with strange alien lifeforms
>>
>>8240507
>pro tip: You're living on one
>>
>planet made of ocean
>alien lifeforms

they would drown you dummy
>>
>>8240511
Just like fishes do?
>>
Being 3,000 km from land is pretty much the same thing as being on a planet with no land if your boat sinks.
>>
>>8240512
Yes
>>
>>8240516
Maybe they have Cola bottles they fill with air
>>
>>8240519
umaru confirmed ocean planet alien
>>
>>8240507
nothing living in it is worse
scrub
>>
>>8240621

OP here

yes if I think about it again you are right
>>
I thought I read somewhere that a fully-ocean planet wouldn't be just like ocean, it'd have some weird special properties.
>>
>ocean planet
>big moon in orbit
>interstellar tier tidal wave
SURFING USA
>>
>>8240507
Sounds chilly as fuck homie

Maybe if it had ice caps tho it'd be a little less scary
>>
>>8240679
it would have a mantle of white-hot ice made solid by the immense pressure at depth. and the crystal structure would be an exotic one only known from laboratory experiments.
so yeah, not liquid all the way down to the core (assuming it has any refractory component). it would have solid layers of weird polymorphs of water.
>>
>>8240510

this.

A ocean is essentially another layer of atmosphere.
>>
>Terrified of deep water

>Bought foldable canoe to go out on Lake

>too scared to leave the shallows

>sell it on for a three hundred buck loss

You should watch the film Europa. Cheap budget but well made.
>>
>>8240507
Ocean planets sound chill as fuck.
>oh shit dude I'm in a fucking alien ocean
>who knows what kind of alien crap lives in this ocean
>nvm I'll just float lmao (;
>>
>>8240510
NO NO NO NO
>>
File: image.jpg (382KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382KB, 1920x1080px
>>8240507
All water you say? Sounds awesome!
>>
>>8242028
I especially like the part where the squid monster and female astronaut 'came together for mutual understanding' if you know what I mean
>>
>>8240507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKXGx2IMmk

Get ready to shit yourself anon....no telling what's down there.

Imagine if you had to explore it with no suit, you're wading chest deep through the worldwide ocean on this odd planet when suddenly you feel something bump against your leg. Maybe it's just your imagination, but then you feel it again, and again. Finally a tentacle wraps around you and you see glowing eyes gaze up at you from the depths in front of you.

Also enjoy watching the Europa Report alone in your room at 3 in the morning. Have a nice night.
>>
>>8242331
only with that fun and exciting song playing in the background/ dry land is a myth desu
>>
>>8240685
it everybody had an ocean [planet], right anon?
>>
>>8240510
hundreds of kilometers deep??
>>
>>8240507
>waterworld
>a few chains of small islands
>tropical fun day every day
>>
>>8245834
A bit like the web comics Off World: The Crease?
NB: Very NSFW.
>>
Could it be possible that a rogue planet with a dense, heat-trapping atmosphere would self-heat enough to cause liquid water to form at its surface?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.