[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the exact center of a circle rotating? (if the circle is rotating)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ac.jpg (231KB, 1070x1034px) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
231KB, 1070x1034px
Is the exact center of a circle rotating?
(if the circle is rotating)
>>
>>8240300

Great question OP, let's break this down.
It sounds like what you meant to ask is:

>Let G be a one-dimensional real Lie group equipped with a transitive action of [math] SO(/infinity) [/math]. Does it follow that the "center" of G is necessarily a fixed point of this action?

Unfortunately, unless you happen to specify an embedding of G into a Euclidean space, the notion of a "center" in this context (not to be confused with the group theoretic notion!) is ill-defined. Ergo, your question is unanswerable as stated.
>>
>>8240300

It depends on whether you are talking about a single point, or an infinitesimal. If it has geometry at all (no matter how small), then it's spinning. If the point is just a theoretical center point, then it's not.
>>
>>8240323
>>8240321
Lets take it in the physics way.
Lets say an atom its the exact center, its rotating?
And if it is, the center of the atom is rotating?
Always in math we see really strange results, but lets try to not get to the infinitesimal point, as it is the euclidian space.
We can say that the Plank Volume is the minimun volume that exist (of at least have
meaning the position) Where is the inflection point?
>>
>>8240321
Can you explain in christian?
I just understand college/highschool geometry.
>>
>>8240336
>Let's take it in the physics way

Ok so if you're looking at a physical model, then it has geometry => it is spinning

via

>>8240323
>>
>>8240300
digital graphics software self rotating brush around self, around circle controled by tablet with pen rotating around... yes, it spins around the internet.
>>
>>8240300
It doesnt matter. Rotation is a meaningless concept for a point
>>
>>8241887
He's a big guy
>>
>>8242010
for him
>>
>>8242010
>>8242013
Lulz
>>
How can black holes rotate if they're a singularity?

Seems the answer to OP's question is physically yes.
>>
>>8244107
If I understand correctly singularities have a non-infinitesimal diameter.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.