[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are humans the worst species on Earth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

File: Human.svg.png (271KB, 2000x2491px) Image search: [Google]
Human.svg.png
271KB, 2000x2491px
Are humans the worst species on Earth?
>>
>>8238798
imagine when the aliens receive and begin to theorize what that lump between his extremities could do
>>
File: humans.png (251KB, 2000x2491px) Image search: [Google]
humans.png
251KB, 2000x2491px
That picture is Not Safe For Work, OP. Here, I fixed it for you.
>>
>>8239256
i can still see her tits n vagina
>>
>>8239256
What about those nipples and camel toe?
>>
>>8238798
Nah
>>
>>8238798
Ecologically, homo sapiens is the first "global superpredator".
>>
>>8239258

Animals are allowed to be shown naked.
>>
>>8239293
we aren't animals
>>
>>8239293
Most don't particularly see their genitals as being sexual or offending.
>>8239295
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8238798
>worst species
but that's a meaningless descriptor desu fempai
>>
>>8239317
>Most don't particularly see their genitals as being sexual or offending.
Pretty sure most us do. I even avoid looking at my penis when I'm peeing.
>>
>>8239317
but we aren't animales :^)
>>
>>8239333
You should visit policy or b once in a while. Then tell me we aren't animals

»also checked
>>
>>8238798
No, at least we aren't mosquitos.
>>
>>8239341
Mosquitoes are really misunderstood and they don't really kill much people it's just that the water is murky and they confused it for prey.
>>
>>8239323
Well.. If you think its sexual and/or offending that someone's dog is running around naked. Then I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>8239295
>/sci/
>"humans aren't animals"
baka
>>
>>8239345
I just think it's disturbing. Especially dogs and their balls dangling about like jingle bells.
>>
>>8239376
Well you're just going to have to get over yourself. Not much point making a fuss over something so inane.
>>
>>8238798
>.svg.png
That's...pretty bad
>>
>>8239743
That's pretty common.
A lot of Wikipedia images are nice vector svgs, but you can download them as a usable png.
>>
>>8238798
Nice titties, but her nose is kinda huge.
Still would bang.
>>
>>8238798
It's all relative. So not definitively. Whoever says that is just trying to be a contrarian against his own species, and is failing miserably.
>>
>>8239256
I like how you added her slit.
>>
>>8240015
glad someone else noticed
>>
File: mosquito posting.png (39KB, 766x514px) Image search: [Google]
mosquito posting.png
39KB, 766x514px
>>8239343
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x579px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x579px
>>8240326
>mfw I wrote a post that became a /sci/ meme.

Next stop: book deal and talk show appearances.
>>
>>8238798
>Are humans the worst species on Earth?
We're the only species on Earth that has a conception of "worst", therefor, we're the best.

>2016
>best species not being the only moral agents
>>
File: Taxonomy.png (47KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Taxonomy.png
47KB, 500x350px
>>8239295
Here, for you
>Animalia
>>
>>8240613

the word "animal" has been around a lot longer than the subject of taxonomy, scrubz

animal = that which is not human but is alive and aint plants or fungus or shit we can't see
>>
>>8240626
Can we please give this guy a biology textbook or sth?
>>
By what metric?

Pretty sure cyanobacteria caused greater ruckus, extinction and environmental change than humans ever could.
>>
I would argue that humans are one of the best and more interesting species on Earth. This whole "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" shit is a subjective social problem anyway. I hate some people too, and I think most of the population are fkn retards but as a species, humans are fascinating.
>>
>>8239256
why'd you remove the penor
>>
>>8238798

yes
>>
>>8240706
They're disgusting
>>
humans are fascinating.

I'd love to understand the science behind what drives humans to cremate remains or kiss a photo.
>>
>>8240709
assigned male detected.
>>
>>8240649
Id rather give him a loaded gun and make him clean the barrel.
>>
>>8240326
>someone posted my shitty OC about a mosquito poster
>>8240338
>the same mosquito poster is also itt

Wow, /sci/ is really a small place
>>
Define "Worst"
>>
>>8240985
and I posted the mosquito picture :^)
we're in the same timezone probably
>>
>>8240988
And I was the person you replied to, one mimicking that meme in this thread by pretending I'm the mosquito.
>>
>>8240988
jesus christ...
>>
>>8240988
Oh yes! I remember that. This is weird. Guess we all are eurofags with similar browsing habbits
>>
>>8241015
>>8240996

we should make a mosquito boys skype group and post dank mosquito facts every week
>>
>>8241028
We shall be named The League of Extraordinary Mosquitoes
>>
>>8239293
edgy
>>
>>8240699
This. I feel this so much.
No other species would call itself "the worst species on Earth" because they wouldn't care to think about it, or just wouldn't be able to.
Humans are shitty but there's a reason why most of em are better at understanding Psychology than Biology.
>>
>>8238798
slowly... but i dont mind to be surprised...
>>
>>8240988
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS
>>
>>8241865
to feed them and test them for scientific reasons
>>
>>8239341
If you judge the "best" animal as the one that is on the top of the food chain, then the mosquito is the best animal of all.
>>
>>8241924
you forgot dragonflies
>>
File: 1467754608622.gif (94KB, 514x510px) Image search: [Google]
1467754608622.gif
94KB, 514x510px
>>8238798
We're the singularity of nature so yeah, kinda, still wouldn't kill myself tho.
>>
File: Earth 2050.png (333KB, 2000x2491px) Image search: [Google]
Earth 2050.png
333KB, 2000x2491px
>>8239256
You have to compensate for the day aliens actually come anon.
>>
>>8241015
>Eurofags

>>8240338 here
I'm a Pacific coast Amerifag with no sleep discipline.
>>
aren't humans more like the best species?
>>
No. All that we do can be traced back to our basic instincts. You're a fool if you think lions or rats or whatever would've done things differently, had they evolved like us.
>>
File: cheetah quad laugh.jpg (151KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cheetah quad laugh.jpg
151KB, 800x800px
>>8242080
>>
define worst
>>
File: snow_leopard-600x400.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
snow_leopard-600x400.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
Yes, humans with our intellectual capacity to invent philosophy, maths, science, art, adapt to live around the world, and manage to be at the top of every food chain, are the worst species.

Its because we kill each other sometimes and some of us are a little bit stupid, its not like that happens for other species, just us.

Honestly the best species are snow leopards. They have a dwindling population in some isolated areas and are becoming irrelevant and extinct like all big cats but they're the best because they look so cool! Steve Jobs even named one of his famous products after them, but he eventually died from cancer, typical puny humans, dying from a disease that only became a major problem since we've managed to significantly increase our lifespan.
>>
>>8242080
Victory for men, final plan success
>>
We're animals. We rely on our biological instincts to survive, regardless of what it takes, just like any other animal in the animal kingdom. We're not inherently "good" or "bad", we just are.

>"b-but we're taking the earth's resources!!"

And? We need them. We'll either deprive the Earth of its resources and go extinct as a result, or go extinct before we do. Either way, it's nature taking its toll.

>"b-but we're driving other species to extinction!!"

So? Are we obligated to care for other species?

Humans are animals. We're a part of a nature, and anyone who says otherwise is just overestimating our abilities and our impact to the environment. If any other species was as smart as us, they'd be the same exact way.

>>8240656
>>8242722
are the right responses desu
>>
>>8243646
those quotes were not in the OP, but it's interesting that you assume the behaviour you mentioned would be considered 'bad', despite your protestations to the contrary
>>
>>8239292
Are*
>>
>>8243655
"Homo sapiens" is a singular phrasal noun.
http://grammarist.com/usage/homo-sapiens/

To say "homo sapiens are" is incorrect, and scientific literature correctly uses "Homo sapiens" as a singular noun.
>>
>>8243646
>If any other species was as smart as us, they'd be the same exact way.
what is being smart?
>>
>>8243651

think i shouldve clarified on those quotes. i was referring to the thought process carried out by people who see humanity as the "worst species" because they think that the things we do are exclusive to our own species such as murder, war, violence, etc.

humans are the smartest species, we do everything other species do just on a bigger scale. it doesn't make us inherently bad, it's just what we do.
>>
>>8239293
FPBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
>>
>>8243712
idk about violence being exclusive to humans
my cat can get pretty violent sometimes

only point i was trying to make is that what's 'bad' is defined by consensus, ie socially
so these kind of 'expected responses' are actually quite relevant
>>
>>8243698
its up to interpretation, but under my definition, being "smart" is determined by how we responded to our environment with what we had. we didnt settle for hunting other animals with our teeth and claws, we made weapons. we didn't remain within small packs, we branched out and built larger communities, until these communities became towns, cities, states, countries, nations, and so on. we didnt rely on grunts, noises, gestures, and facial expressions for communication, we built extensive languages with complex rules.

if any other animal were capable of achieving similar feats, they'd likely operate the same way we do.
>>
>>8243646
>And? We need them. We'll either deprive the Earth of its resources and go extinct as a result, or go extinct before we do. Either way, it's nature taking its toll.

Since you want to reduce everything to biology and our instincts, our self-preservation instinct should keep us from actually doing what you envision is going to happen. If depriving the Earth of resources is gonna cause the extinction of humans we will do everything possible to avoid it. Remember we are animals, and our instincts tells us we want to live.

>So? Are we obligated to care for other species?
Minus the ethical concerns, which you obviously care nothing about, a healthy biosphere is required for our continued survival. We need to take care of it, and you guessed it it goes back to our instinct that says we want to live.

>Humans are animals
Yes.
>>
>>8242068
Take your pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/.
>>
>>8243740
Take your forced memes back to >>>/s4s/
>>
>>8243740
Given all the mess out there with modern countries, It's amazing to see how 4chins is having an internal revolution of it's own.
>>
>>8243726
My point being, that those traits (murder, war, violence, etc.) AREN'T exclusive to humanity.

>>8243736
>our self-preservation instinct should keep us from actually doing what you envision is going to happen

Depriving the Earth of its resources is one of the possibilities, it's not necessarily what I said I envisioned. In a best case scenario, we go extinct before we do, or manage to colonize other planets. No one wants us to run out of resources, but there's no guarantee it won't happen.

>a healthy biosphere is required for our continued survival

Agreed. There's no reason to hunt other species to extinction, just as there's no reason to prioritize their needs before ours, should a situation arise where it's them or us.

im not referring to hunting tigers to death for their fur btw, i mean the environmental damage indirectly caused by human activity such as rapid industrial developments, deforestment, or just a a general waste of resources
>>
>>8243735
Here's a (You)
>>
>>8243793
take ur pedophile cartoons back to >>>/a/.
>>
>>8243808
lel wat
>>
>>8243793
Thank you
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.