[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How make computer do all the work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (20KB, 1376x340px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
20KB, 1376x340px
I've come up with a set of nine equation on a definitely important problem in a roleplaying game for autists and I've got Wolfram, so I thought I could have it do all the work for me: I need to find the maximum possible value of Nph to then plug it into the set of equations to, hopefully, produce a solution for each variable, which would then be actually applicable to the actual game. Here are the equations I got, I think I put them down the right way for Wolfram to understand, it stopped spewing out red text at the very least:

30*101.325*70 == (Nhp + Nho)*8.314*Th
Pho + Php == 10*101.325
Pho*70 == Nho*8.314*Tho
Php*70 == Nhp*8.314*Thp
200*Nhp*Thp + 20*Nho*8.314*Tho == Th*(200*Nhp + 20*Nho)
10*101.325*70 == Nc*8.314*Tc
373.15*(200*Nhp + 20*(Nho + Nc)) == 20*(Nc*Tc + Nho*Th) + 200*Nhp*Th
2*(Nho + Nc) == Nhp

So how could I make Wolfram do what I want? Is there a command for expressing a certain variable using the given equations? Does it even recognize the presence of those equations, if I have them as a previous input and then call some command? Alpha won't just spit out the right answer this time, so I'm at a loss.
>>
>>8234369
equations are a type, you can write
E = x*y == 4;
then you can use solve, reduce and eliminate
you could have googled this in 5 minutes
>>
>>8234379
Google brought me here
>>
>>8234413
did you google "4chan sci"?
>>
write a C program with those variables, you don't have to change much
>>
>>8234369
My bet; Dobt use == but = and put a comma between each eqation.
>>
File: file.png (35KB, 661x595px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
35KB, 661x595px
>>8234546
I've tried bumming around with this for a few hours now, Eliminate really did help, I got this madman's scribble:

Nhp (-6.17772*10^12 + 1.28965*10^11 Nhp) Tc == -6.3882*10^15 +
7.33478*10^14 Nhp

I tried FindMaximum with that in conjunction with Solve to get a clear function, but that spat out some ridiculous numbers, which can't be true. I used Plot as well, that gave me a deciecively wrong image, I think I screwed up at an earlier stage, I'll try to start from those equations and work to a function again.
>>
File: file.png (35KB, 665x467px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
35KB, 665x467px
Either I'm doing something terribly wrong or something is amiss here. Why won't it solve the eight equations, now that I've removed the ninth variable?
>>
>>8234546
I tried using = instead of == in a Solve operator and it yelled at me about tags Times and Plus being protected, never gave me the solution either
>>
>>8234369
The way you are doing it right now wont work.
The computer cant find a possible solution for you problem because your equations are contradictory.
Solving the first and last equation for Nhp yields different results which are completely in depended which means for the computer that there is no solution.

Generally for searching for a maxima of a function you first write it in terms of a function f(x) get the partial derivatives etc..

But I doubt that it is much help here. Because your problem really isnt easy.

Why exactly are you needing this?
>>
>>8235308
But doesn't the solution of the first equation for Nhp yield an answer, which has Thp in it, unlike the solution for the last equation? I gathered that, since the difference between the two equations was a variable, you could have the variable be a certain value, that will lead to the two equations having no differences.
The set of equations is my, most likely faulty, attempt at solving a problem in the roleplaying game Space Station 13, which was originally a crude atmospherics simulator, but grew into a somewhat addictive roleplaying game. With the atmospheric mechanics of the game it is possible to craft a bomb using two tanks of gasses connected with a "tank transfer valve", which can allow the contents of two tanks to mix, hopefully, producing a reaction. You can fill the tanks with a made up Plasma gas and oxygen to have the two react and release heat and large amounts of CO2, which both increase the pressure inside the tanks, causing them to rupture. The temperature, required for the reaction to occur is 373.15K, and in the reaction two moles of oxygen react with a mole of plasma. Plasma and oxygen also have different specific heat capacities, which are constant numbers under all circumstances, unlike the heat capacities in the ideal gas model, which is still used in the game to calculate certain values. I produced the set of equations hopping to, first of all, find the mix of gasses, that would yield the biggest explosion possible, and, second, to perhaps prove, that those, who claimed, that they managed to produce ridiculously large explosions by chance, were exaggerating. Now that I'm thinking about it, I realise I've assumed that the hot tank is the one, where I put a mixture of both gases, which is a mistake, since the hot tank would have to be above the reaction temperature in order to have enough energy to raise the temperature of the resulting mix to 373K, which means that the gasses inside would react.
>>
>>8235308
I'll rewrite the equations, keeping in mind what mistake I made this time. I've been on and off this problem for half a year and this will be around the seventh time I'm comming up with a new set of equations and realise I've made a mistake, so I'm not an overly bright lad.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.