[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alzheimers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (29KB, 453x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 453x324px
Is it possible to reverse the effects of Dementia In someone with advanced Alzheimers? If so could the person access information that was previously lost? Or would they have to relearn everything?
>>
>>8233932
No, because entropy
>>
I'm afraid that would be very unlikely, by the advanced stages of Alzheimers, there will have been significant cell death throughout the cerebral cortex. Whereas in the earlier stages you might have demyelination and withering of dendrites due to amyloid plaque formation and tau tangles that affects connections at a cellular level, by the late stages of the disease the damage will have occurred at a gross anatomical level; the brain will be physically withered and literally shrink in mass. It's pretty sad.
>>
Alzheimers have reduced brain mass they have holes in the brain walled by a plaque which is believed to be remnant from protein breakdown
The neurofibers become tangled and the synapse degenerate
So no, not really. They cannot learn much less relearn
>>
>>8233932
Look, if you had one shot.

Look if your neurons are dying you can't do so much.
But if you manage to grow new cells to replace the old ones i suppose that there's a way to teach the person everything again (atlest he isn't going to eventually forget how to breathe)
T. a dude that didn't finish the highschool and lives in a shithole in central america.
>>
>>8233932
There has been one program with a giant soup of different treatments that has claimed to have reversed cognitive defects in Alzheimer's but I have not yet had the opportunity to really see it in detail. I most likely won't get to unless I pay some money for it either.
>>
>>8233932
Just smoke lots of weed after your brain develops until you get old so 25 - 50 - 60 maybe even further.

It's been recently shown to prevent alzheimer.

Most important thing you have to do actually is to have an intellectually active life, but mostly a social life.

An intellectual life around that late in life 50 + towards 100 + - where you pick up new skills, read books and don't just vegetate will constantly force brain to create new pathways - so even if you develop Alzheimer you won't develop dementia - because your brain will still have something to hang unto until death.
>>
No, your brain literally SHRINKS due to amyloid plaques and tau tangles & connections between neurons are lost.
Apparently the damage begins decades before diagnosis. there is a pre-clinical phase of Alzhiemers where the patient is symptom free although there are many changes occurring (plaque deposits , neurons dying ect)
> point is ; brain tissue has shrunk a shitload by the final stages which is irreversible
>>
>>8235744
http://www.iflscience.com/brain/thc-may-weapon-against-alzheimer-s/
>>
>>8235930

>iflscience
>>
>>8235930
Yes it states it's possible THC could help breakdown/prevent amyloid plaques but nothing about tau tangles and neuron disconnection
>also iflscience "we're here for science - the funny side of science"
>>
>>8234232
Smoking marijuana facilitates BDNF production. BDNF being a precursor for the formation of new neurons.
>>
>>8236050
There's another cannabinoid which faciliatetes BDNF production, called anandamide, though anandamide is a naturally occuring cannabinoid produced during exercise. Moderate cardio
>>
>>8236060
Facilitates*
>>
>>8233932
Learn languages. The more you learn, the better off you are.
>>
>>8236024
It's an websites which stores articles - I took it from google results, pretty much every single scientific journal archive website got it.

Are you 12 and severely autistic?
>>
>>8236043
Well of course, but prevention is what I care not healing it - in my case I'm not sick but I also desire to not get sick.

>iflscience

You're autistic.
>>
>>8236060
while promising and all, I hope to see this confirmed to the extent nicotine neuron-protective properties are.
>>
>>8233932
no reverse but repair it. You'll end up with old people re-learning everything their past dead neurons knew.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.