[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've blown physics wide apart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1468029696649.png (8KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1468029696649.png
8KB, 420x420px
>every action has an equal opposite reaction

>punch an object with 30 N of force
>there's 30 N of force in the punch's direction
>there's 30 N of force in the opposite direction to the punch

Energy doesn't disappear when applied in opposite directions so where the hell does the energy from for the "reacting" 30 N come from? Where is conservation of energy when you need it?
>>
>>8229282
You didn't blow anything apart. You just don't understand it.
>>
>>8229282
>where the hell does the energy from for the "reacting" 30 N come from
from the potential energy of the object you just punched
>>
>>8229282
There was no energy in the first place
>>
>>8229300

But then who was the camera???????
>>
>>8229282
if you're right, OP, you're basically maxwell's demon
go beat your head against a cement wall and start reversing entropy, for the good of the universe
>>
Locomotive energy from the punch being thrown consumes chemical energy your body has stored. The wall being punch actually flexes an absurdly small amount. This elasticity absorbs energy.

The sound of you little hand hitting the wall and the heat produced also introduces energy.

However, we just assume the wall and fist are ideal and the wall just pushes back.
>>
I just broke physics even harder.

Take the Universe's mechanical energy. Now start running. Everything around you acquires relative speed and thus kinetic energy. You just created an infinite amount of energy. We can harness this for faster than light speed-drives, I think.
>>
>>8229282
Wheres the energy?
>>
The object has energy in its atomic bonds, which resists the force of the punch
Tbh reaction Force still seems like a meme
>>
>>8229489
Its transformed and dispursed into the system.
>>
>>8229297
This.
Since f=-kx, the average force is the force applied.
>>
>>8229489
You can think of the wall as a hard spring with damping. Thus the damping is where the energy is transformed into heat.
>>
>>8229282
Work = force * distance. The force is in the opposite direction to your fist's motion, so it decreases your fist's energy. The force on the object increases its energy. Energy is thus transferred from your fist to the object.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.