[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the engineering curriculum easy after you learn the fundamentals(calculus,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Deadpool 2.jpg (1MB, 2168x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool 2.jpg
1MB, 2168x3072px
Is the engineering curriculum easy after you learn the fundamentals(calculus, chemistry and physics)?
>>
>>8225906
No, the calculus, chemistry and physics are the easy part.
>>
>>8225906
Isn't that all you engineers learn? Plug and chug integrals?
>>
>>8226023
No, EE is practically Applied Functional Analysis Engineering
>>
>>8226026
Yeah you know not really.
>>
>>8225906
I'm going into an engineering program in the fall and would like to one day invent a device to replicate your mom so I can get 4 dimensional blowjobs
>>
>>8226052
2/10
>>
>>8225906
See this video to illustrate my point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQdHSndWv7U

In all honesty, the science you need for engineering is just the starting point. The actual shit hits the fan when you are supposed to use that knowledge in a clusterfuck on group project based classes with 80 year old professors who stopped caring about their lives ever since they were awarded their 5th PhD in inter universal radiology based engineering non-commutative techniques.
>>
>>8225906

EE here. I feel like the stuff we mostly do is plug and chug whether you're computing transforms or solving ODEs, etc. Fairly basic once you get all the practice in.

>>8226026
Well if by that you mean computing convolution integrals, transforms, etc then yes kinda. Keep in mind that EE is a really diverse field and some fields use a lot more math (like signal processing, computational electromagnetics and control theory) than others. Also the rigorous stuff is reserved for the mathematicians and maybe some EE researchers to a small extent.
>>
>>8226095
Also wanted to stress the workload which is usually larger than most majors in uni. Manage your time wisely and study hard!
>>
>>8225906
Yes and no. I would say it is 'easier' than science programs (especially research orientated ones), if you take into account only the theory component of eng (it's still isn't THAT easy). The hard part is dealing with the terrors of applying your knowledge to 'real world' project, which in hindsight are pretty tame compared to actual projects. for EE/CE, this is stuff like prototyping your design on a shitty breadboard that the school provides, having to submit designs a week or so early to the board manufacturers, budgeting constraints, reading through a bunch of manuals, bad radios/not enough basestations

Really, all of the above things are very easy to deal with if you know to expect it. if you know that those sorts of problems are bound to arise. And the only way to do that is to talk to your seniors/professors/tutors in advance and make preparations. So basically, networking gets you a huge leg up (at least relatively in STEM, since its less of a meritocracy when compared to the sciences, although i do hear stories about politics in academia, but thats another subjects entirely)

>TLDR: Theory component is easier than, for example, a physics undergrad. The hard part is the 'real world' aspect
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.