[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deep space thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: schwplain_440.jpg (197KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
schwplain_440.jpg
197KB, 640x480px
Does anyone else find these things completely terrifying? They seem like the objectification of chaos, or death incarnate
>>
>>8225269
t. Lovecraft
>>
>le giant rocks and le giant explosions
cosmology is such a meme
>>
A nuclear bomb is just as terrifying, though I know that the chances of me being inside detonation range is near slim to none. I don't live near any urban areas, and I know that the people operating them aren't complete morons, so I don't really mind about their existence.
>>
>>8225269
A black hole is not chaotic, it may seem chaotic because it had the potential to destroy what we normally consider to be something stable and static, such as a star or a planet. But the black hole itself is extremely simple and therefore in my opinion less chaotic. A black hole only has three properties: mass, spin, and charge. Seems unchaotic to me. (did I get the three properties right?)
>>
>>8225292

This. The rest of the universe is chaotic. Black holes are like the orderliness of God
>>
File: hp desktop.png (129KB, 1308x356px) Image search: [Google]
hp desktop.png
129KB, 1308x356px
it was too fucking funny to not cap
>>
>>8225287
>A nuclear bomb is just as terrifying
Meh. I don't think I'd even see what hit me if one was dropped in my city. And if I did, I guess I'd just sit back and enjoy the last fireworks in my life. What else to do, run in circles and flail my arms?
>>
File: 1287234470986.jpg (55KB, 359x574px) Image search: [Google]
1287234470986.jpg
55KB, 359x574px
>>8225292
>did I get the three properties right?

There's a tesseract in the middle that connects us to a dimension of Love.

Don't forget that.
>>
File: 1466176130093.jpg (592KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1466176130093.jpg
592KB, 2048x1152px
>>8225269
has anyone actually seen one of these fucking things?

Computer simulations that confirm assumptions based on observational data are nice and all, but is there any chance that black holes are a result of our math and that galactic centers emit high energy radiation for some other reason?
>>
>>8225333
4chan is 18+
>>
>>8225513
We know there are ungodly massive objects out there. We know they are very dim. We know there are uncountably many of them. And we know they all act the same way, and are probably of the same type. So there's one type of object that you can find everywhere in the universe, they're super heavy, super compact and super dim. The best fit so far is a black hole.
>>
Death and chaos have almost nothing to do with each other.

Death is conceptually aligned with order; chaos is unpredictable, virtually random.
>>
>>8225513
You can't see black holes. That's kind of the point.

We see things by light reflecting off of them and into our eyes/camera. Once light goes into a black hole it doesn't come out, thus you cannot see it.

Like many things in space, we know they exist because we can see their gravitational pull on other objects.
>>
>>8225269
Not really. Apart from the radiation they spit out they arent that scary

>>8225513
Its always possible thats its something else, but black holes best fit the evidence
>>
its intelligent civilizations hiding from our stupidity
>>
>>8225480
loled.

Thanks for the lulz.

>>8225513
They arent proven yet.
>>
>>8225513
IIRC there's a pair of orbital telescopes going up sometime in the 2020s with the goal to directly observe a (specific, I think) black hole.

>>8227298
>They arent proven yet.
LIGO pretty much proved them.
>>
>>8225301
Any thing to read, fiction is non, that goes into what you're referring to with black holes? Seems interesting
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.