[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real life NZT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: giphy.gif (2MB, 570x244px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 570x244px
Research on savants (those who possess amazing mental abilities such as perfect recall, genius and intrinsic artistic and musical understanding, etc. while lacking in other areas) suggests that there are sublayers of the brain that are normally inaccessible to the consciousness of regular folk. But, obviously, if this theory holds true, then there is a great wealth of potential hidden in the unconscious that is ripe for the picking. We may never be able to mirror the effects of 'NZT' from Limitless, but perhaps there are biological mechanisms that can unleash it waiting to be discovered.

I know substances like Piracetam and Noopept have noticeable results, but nothing like the fictional NZT pill. Any encouraging developments anyone knows of?
>>
File: bad-glamour-shots-2.jpg (59KB, 670x978px) Image search: [Google]
bad-glamour-shots-2.jpg
59KB, 670x978px
>>8224631

Reminds me of meditation really. Meditation is supposed to reveal inner layers of consciousness such as the dream state, which has solved many problems.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20498_5-famous-things-you-wont-believe-were-invented-in-dreams.html

http://www.famousscientists.org/7-great-examples-of-scientific-discoveries-made-in-dreams/
>>
>>8224631
I know Modafinil has been marketed as "The Limitless Drug" but its mostly shite.

If such a drug actually exists, its probably kept under wraps anyway. The people using it wouldn't want anyone else to know it exists for obvious reasons.
>>
>>8224631

>suggests that there are sublayers of the brain that are normally inaccessible to the consciousness of regular folk.

Nope.
>>
>>8224631
Modafinil is shit, don't fall for it. Racetams are helpful if you have an illness that involves problems with brain function, otherwise it isn't really helpful and can further make you depressed.

Do lsd. You might not get smarter but you're gonna feel like dr manhattan.
>>
>>8224769
Modafinil makes you feel like shit for a few hours afterwards and I hate it. Although I do remember the times where I've finished 40+ pages of progress report on modafinils in a few hours like a terminator.
>>
>>8224739
what this idiot probably mean to say that savants have been shown to have higher synaptic connectivity between usually quite distinct parts of the brain, which is a kind of a "no shit" statement.
>>
Well, tDCS can make your brain shut the fuck up.
That's a start. Meditation can make you go all meta and notice patterns in your thoughts that directly affect your behavior. Psychedelics can psychologically sets the song that plays in your ego.

We live in interesting times, but the real shit seems to get real in next twenty years or so.

Regarding these drugs that supposedly boost your brain abilities, I don't think we will ever be able to get something really nice. It just doesn't sound right. You overclock some place in your brain, it is going to lack cycles somewhere, and over time it could get really messy. Your brain is not wired to be constantly shifting abnormal levels of chemicals or electric impulses.
>>
it depends on input methods and relational proporcions
>>
>>8224631
No drug on the planet will ever make you a genius FAGGOT.

This board is atrocious holy shit
>>
>>8224769
D-does it work for people who have GAD & ASD
>>
>>8224769
Seconding LSD. I have gained some seriously good perspectives on it that have been greatly augmenting my research. I recommend LSD in moderation for any open-minded academic.
>>
>>8224631
You're clusterfucking autism with general intelligence. Savants are usually autistic. Brain scans show overgrowth of white matter in their frontal cortex. There are already drugs that temporarily inhibit specific brain activity, which yields temporary savant like abilities. There's a documentary on this subject. If you want to experience it you can probably find a team looking for volunteers.

A drug approaching NZT would enhance function across the entire brain. Maybe microdosing with LSD + aniracatem?
>>
>>8226861
i ve got better tequiqenes.... interested?
>>
File: 1456551054992.jpg (61KB, 389x491px) Image search: [Google]
1456551054992.jpg
61KB, 389x491px
>>8226330
I'm pretty sure taking the big gay dildo medicine up the ass can make you a genius faggot though
>>
>>8224631
>>8226861
False. To achieve NZT-caliber of functioning consciously and without risk of complete seizure or brain death from overstimulation, you will have to physically rewire the brain, improve synaptic connectivity, increase grey matter, and possibly hasten the transfer of the synapses between nodes.

If someone can leap far enough on the first attempt, it's not implausible that they could go on to increase their brain function exponentially from there. The method exists, the means is what is lacking.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.