[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Whats your opinion on college educaton, and should it play such a huge role in seeking financial security in life? Its just not for some people yet the people that decide to not attend usually end up getting labeled as fuck ups. (Personally fuck what someone else thinks, but I hate that people get labeled like this)
>>
>>8211694
College education, for the most part, is worthless. There's only a handful of majors that are worth it, and the fuck ups who do get their degrees in something with horrible job outlooks are the same people who label everyone without a college degree as a fuck up.
>>
>>8211694
College is generally a terrible return on investment. It's purpose is to get you a degree, which will supposedly get you a job, which will supposedly help pay off all the debt you accumulated from college. All the "passion for learning" stuff is bullshit.

The truth is that most degrees will not get you a job , which is a shame because people are being diverted away from other fields of knowledge in search for work

From what I can tell college is for STEM only, but even it is struggling in some regards. College is all about engineering, getting a degree for medical, hard sciences, trying to get a Phd (if you actually want to do that for some reason), and I'm sure there are a couple of other degrees that can secure you a decent job to get by

These days, trade schools and working your way up is a viable alt and being self-employed should be considered. Or go to some boot camp and become a code monkey
>>
>>8211772
>debt slaves

Unless you live in a civilized country where higher education is free
>>
>>8211694
Trade school needs to seperate from academia
>>
>>8211694
implying fish is smart in the first place
>>
College is supposed to get you to better places. This should be the case as long as you don't major in music or literature.
>>
>>8211816
Trade schools need to seperate from crummy, low grade for profit "universities".
>>
>>8211822
B52 in a holding pattern.
>>
>>8211694
>Whats your opinion on college educaton

It is pretty good m8. If you want a career in STEM you pretty much need a degree except for very few fields.

>should it play such a huge role in seeking financial security in life?

What do you mean it should? Are you saying that it shouldn't?

Companies need skilled workers, university gives workers the skills. Therefore companies pay the skilled workers to use their skills for that company's benefit.

> Its just not for some people yet the people that decide to not attend usually end up getting labeled as fuck ups.

No they aren't if they have a plan. I mean, if I did not go to university and instead I was an already famous artist and I told you make about 70k a year from my art, would you think I am a fuckup? No you wouldn't, no one would.

It is all about what you can earn. In this regard, unemployed college graduates living with their parents are the fuck ups and you believe this too. A diploma on your parent's wall rotting away will not make anyone think you are smart.
>>
>>8211694
If I want somebody to climb a tree for me, the fish is worthless to me. I don't really care about how well he can swim.
>>
>>8211868
I wholeheartedly disagree. College is supposed to create intellectually developed citizens, but it seems to be treated as job training more and more.
>>
College is only possibly worth it if you want a job in STEM, or to get a PhD. Other than that, everything is on the internet and you can learn as much as you want.

If you're only interested in knowledge for its own sake, college is a distraction from your own pure work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.