[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frequency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: vibstr7.gif (10KB, 485x155px) Image search: [Google]
vibstr7.gif
10KB, 485x155px
So I'm trying to think of an idea to build a guitar tuner which doesn't go by sound. This isn't pragmatic, sound is a much easier way, but I like the idea of a guitar tuning itself without the need to be near it.
Most tuners go by sound, but that's not a very constant and accurate thing (Depending on the equipment and quality) So I was thinking I could build a hybrid of some sort, a small machine which would on it's initial boot would measure the tension of each string, then listen to the frequency all in order to measure the mass of the string, given that the length of the string is constant on every guitar (Which I think is true) then it could make adjustments to the tension in order to keep the frequency of the string in nearly perfect tune at all times.
Are my estimates and my science correct?
>>
>>8199484
>given that the length of the string is constant on every guitar
Some guitars have adjustable bridges.
>>
>>8199484
No drop d tuning allowed...also can't capo like that...or play anything but an open string
>>
>>8199577
You're implying it'll always be tuning, besides an option for different tuning types seems like a rather necessary option. As you go up the fret board most lower end guitars tend to go out of tune a little bit, nothing you can do about that, so having the tuner always tuning would be a very bad idea.
>>
>>8199590
Well, that's what "perfect tune at all times" means.
>>
>>8199594
Hehe, you have a point, I should be more careful with my wording.
>>
>>8199484
>That doesn't go by sound
>Let me measure the frequency real quick
pick exactly fucking one.
>>
>>8199659
exactly LUL
>>
This will be great for that new guitar that uses strings with the same radii
>>
>>8199659
You could go by piezo pickups (for classical/acoustic guitars) or EM pickups (like most of electric guitar tuners are already doing). Not that there's any fundamental difference between this and going by sound.
>>
Do metals have intrinsic values like harmonic permiability or is something like that just proportional to density?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.