[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

learning for free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

is there a way to learn science without much money?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>8194897
hhhow?
>>
>>8194898
Alright, I'm just gonna tell you a very simple one. Look up a university. I don't know if all do it, but for most, their degree requirements are publicly available. Of course, some of the stuff on there is useless or ambiguous, but a lot of the core stuff is useful. Here's the UCDavis computer engineering requirements as an example. http://catalog.ucdavis.edu/programs/EEC/EECcourses.html Basically, what you do is look at a class, and look at the topics it covers. Now go to google and youtube, and look up videos of the topics. Bam. free education. Downsides? No proof you learned anything unless you do your own projects, and your knowledge will most likely be incomplete, or missing some topics.
>>
>>8194891
Read books
>>
>>8194908
thnkyou
>>
>>8194891

a library near universities usual have a good collection of books to study; nowadays they should also have internetpresentation where you can download pdf's too.

Other than that youtube has some decent videos if you go look for them, depends what you want to learn
>>
Khan Academy also has some neat material. I know that some unis make course material available. There is one Ivy League or UK Elite university which did that recently again. I can link it if I remember when home and the thread survives for that long.
>>
File: 1460750276307.jpg (26KB, 393x370px) Image search: [Google]
1460750276307.jpg
26KB, 393x370px
>>8194891
>Internet ?
>lots and lots of book
>Uni
>talking to teachers and/or humans that have an interest in science
>>
>>8194891
>Wikipedia
I both love and hate that autists got their hands on the site. So many of the technical topics require you to already be a some kind of expert to have any clue what they're talking about, but this is useful. It gives you key words to look up explanations for. So look up something, look up what you don't understand in that article, and keep basically doing that until you do understand what they are saying.
>>
>>8194891
This >>8197600 and this >>8196978 also this >>8197576
/thread
>>
>>8194891
coursera.org has lots of free courses.
>>
>>8197600
math wikis are god tier
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.