[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prognosis of our Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 0fUaOxy.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0fUaOxy.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>What is at the end of our rainbow?

I ask you /sci/, do you have a conceivable idea of our eventual fate?
>>
>>8189519
Immortality : venered on another planets by primitive lifeforms which we've given the light of consciousness, the mastering of the Universe with powerful machines. Other will thrive in virtual worlds, living in hedonism with limitless energy from robotic workers.
>>
This is my thinking on how and where we will go.
Only major changes are included

Asteroid mining
>Obviously

Space-station farming
>Much faster than terraforming

Planet mining
>With a few domed colonies

Genetic manipulation and bionic upgrades
>Eventually leading to the creation of beings capable of living indefinitely

Colony ships
>Obviously

And that's it.
Once we have reached this level we are left with isolated pockets of immortal being subsisting on the energy of the star and limited resources of a solar system with no effective way of creating a network of communication.

After this more and more people will choose to live in a purely digital reality where godhood is perfectly normal.

The end result is that a vast majority of our civilization will live within a simulation housed in dyson spheres.
>>
>>8189523
That's it though, isn't it?
Each individual system will be essentially an isolated, independent offshoot of humanity and we regress to living in tribes.

Seems a far way off from the godhood you might normally think of as the pinnacle of humanity.
>>
>>8189519
We're all going to die within 15 years.
>>
>>8189540
There's a load off my mind. I thought I might have to contribute to society, phew.
>>
File: image.jpg (480KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480KB, 1680x1050px
As a photon travels, it can gain or lose energy. A photon in a perfect vacuum wouldn't lose energy, as a photon is a boson and thus a force carrier - it's a unit of energy transfer.

Photons are drawn in or forced out via the electromagnetic force. For this to occur, the object emitting the photon has to be different in terms of temperature from another object - it's the temperature difference that causes the flow of photons.

So, an object in a perfect vacuum would emit photons, but the vacuum would have to be colder than the object. This is IR radiation, and once it leaves an object it can be elongated or shortened by other forces.

Different wavelengths activate different chemical reactions, since the distance between the two poles decides the length of the EM domain. Study diazo dyes.

Around a blackhole, photons elongate while moving into the gravity gradient, and shorten when they exit it. So, a gravity assist around as a rainbow-colored cord forming a U-shape. If we model many of these U-shapes, we see a rainbow ring around the blackhole with blue in the core and red at the rim.

The old, low-metal stars are found at the rim of the galaxy, and the young, high-metal stars are found at the core. What we're seeing is the life history of the same stars at different points. As you move, you see different parts of their history - it's your movement and position relative to the supermassive blackhole at the center of the galaxy that places you in the Time dimension.

Red fades into blue, and the cycle repeats.
>>
File: mandate_of_heaven.jpg (72KB, 712x702px) Image search: [Google]
mandate_of_heaven.jpg
72KB, 712x702px
>>8189519
The default is repeat.
>>
Our ultimate fate is to forestall the end of the universe indefinitely and live in paradise forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (380KB, 819x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380KB, 819x1023px
>>8189531

>Asteroid mining

There are over 1,000,000,000,000 Oort cloud objects over 1km in diameter. If all seven billion people had twenty children, there would still only be one hundred and forty billion of us. Once we reach the outer system, poverty will become impossible.

>Space-station farming

You're going to have to recreate an entire ecosystem to live permanently in space. Your O'neill habitat has to recycle it's own waste - if you need input from other habitats or planets, you'll die when the input stops.

Colonizing space means total economic and industrial independence and isolation.

>Planet mining

Why bother spending all that effort getting at the resources, and shipping them into orbit? Planets are pits, and you just expended enormous effort to get out of one.

>Genetic manipulation and bionic upgrades

I'm developing a genotype that I intend on acquiring through genetic engineering and stem cells. You take a skin or far sample, and isolate a single cell. You expose this cell to HCl, and it becomes a totipotent stem cell. Then, you create miRNA and siRNA which will modify the cell's genome to carry the desired alleles. This GMO stem cell is then used to create your cell cultures, which are than placed like imaginal disks among the burned ruins of your nervous system. A new body would grow onto whatever you didn't cut away with the heat knife, just as organs grow in pigs.

>The end result is that a vast majority of our civilization will live within a simulation housed in dyson spheres

They raised $100,000 to study KIC 8462852. Personally, I think we've got ET by his toe now.

>>8189536

>and we regress to living in tribes

Paganism wins! Welcome to the New Feudalism, where there are no serfs and everyone is a petty Oort cloud prince.

>Seems a far way off from the godhood you might normally think of as the pinnacle of humanity

That was the social context of all the great, ancient civilizations.
>>
Nuclear war, or if we're really lucky, heat death.

By then, we should be able to create our own stars and galaxies.
>>
>>8189605
>They raised $100,000 to study KIC 8462852. Personally, I think we've got ET by his toe now.
Or you know. It could just have been a meteor shower.
Because that's what it was.
>>
>>8189590

>tfw you will die before this happens

JUST
>>
>>8189519
We hit the end of the universe.
We perform what I like to call "Jacobs Wager"

When the universe experiences heat death it is theoretically possible to escape out of the universes boundary by either piercing the edge of the universe with exessive speed or warping or matching the speed as it collapses in on itself. This wave of collapsing can be matched and the frequency slowly phased out as you appear...outside the universe.
Assuming you do not die you may end up in another universe or dimension. The "wager" aspect assumes that the new harmonic understanding of Gravity waves can be exploited in future engineering endeavours.
>>
>>8189536
Not if we can exploit new wavelengths of communications anon.
>>
>>8191316
Either way I am sure you do not want to be in the universe when it collapses...

>.>
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.