[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if each person living near the sahara desert took away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dv440010.jpg (23KB, 385x255px) Image search: [Google]
dv440010.jpg
23KB, 385x255px
What if each person living near the sahara desert took away a bucket of sand?
>>
thats already happening with the dumb capitalist glass companies

this is why we need bernism
>>
I feel like we'd barely notice a difference imo

Maybe something larger than a bucket perhaps
>>
>>8189438
what if they started watering the edges of it and planting vegetation, and every year they expanded the new vegetation zone, how many years before they turn the sahara desert green and full of plants and trees
>>
>>8189491
You can't just add water to sand to make soil dumbfuck. You just get wet sand.
>>
>>8189587
thats why you start at the edges near where plants and organic material is already present, deserts did not get to be deserts overnight, it took years, so start at the edges where desertification is trying to expand in to the green zones, and start pushing it the other direction, i suggest people encourage the plants and trees to expand their territory by making it favorable with water and organic material in the sand/soil that plant life needs to survive
>>
>>8189604
Just be careful about those Fremen and their giant worms. Wouldn't want another jihad on our hands.
>>
>>8189491
first invent a method to stop Sahara from expanding
>>
>>8189609
made me chuckle, nice reference, anon
>>
>>8189438
they would move the desert over a bit
>>
A bucket of 12 inches across and 15 inches high has a volume of 1696 cubic inches.

I cannot find an accurate amount of sand in the Sahara in terms of actual units, but I was able to find that "The volume of sand in the Sahara desert could fill approximately 850 football stadiums."

I was not sure if it's an American football stadium or a European football stadium (soccer). I was unable to find a volume for American Football, but the Wembley Stadium (soccer) has a volume of 1,139,100 m3.

Now we can solve this. 1 Cubic Meter = 61023.7441 Cubic Inch, and the football stadium has a volume of 69,512,146,904.31 (69 billion) inches. The bucket however is at 1,696.

The world population is at 7.4 billion. Our buckets have a volume of 12,550,400,000,000 (12 trillion) cubic inches. Our stadiums can hold 59,085,324,868,663.5 (59 trillion) cubic inches of sand.

We only scooped 21.25% of the sand. We'd need to each scoop 5 buckets of sand.
>>
Oh shit, it says EVERYONE NEAR the sahara. That would barely make a dent in the sahara.
>>
dunno, better check yourself faggot
>>
>>8189944
Dude, you just got a double dub.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.