[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official Soyuz MS-01 launch thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: ms-01.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ms-01.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
hey, /sci/entists
Wanna watch the launch of the latest manned spacecraft to the ISS?

Streams:
http://www.roscosmos.ru/317/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdRlu-PYNJA

launch in about 2 and a half hours from now
>>
File: Video Game Generals.png (179KB, 829x944px) Image search: [Google]
Video Game Generals.png
179KB, 829x944px
Your friendly reminder.
>>
File: m16-018b.jpg (142KB, 985x657px) Image search: [Google]
m16-018b.jpg
142KB, 985x657px
>>8188214
Will NASA ever send/retrieve crews to/from the ISS again? Can Orion do this?
>>
>>8188280
Dragon 2 next year
>>
File: ms-01_2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ms-01_2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
30 minutes to launch
>>
>that jap music playing
top kek
>>
>>8188410
kek
here is the nasa stream
http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv
>>
File: ms-01_3.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ms-01_3.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
5 minutes to launch
>>
Baller launch, thanks for the post OP.
>>
>>8188456
I dig dude's pokular device.
>>
"Are we there yet?"

How long does it take to get to the ISS from launch?
>>
so these views are CGI?
why do they shake
>>
>>8188484
more than 48 until they dock to the ISS
>>
>>8188484
>>8188496
hours*
>>
>>8188496
A Russian Soyuz capsule usually takes at least two days to rendezvous with the ISS, because of the carefully timed dance of manoeuvres that must take place for a spaceship to safely meet the orbiting laboratory. Using a new launch process, three astronauts have now made the trip in just under 6 hours.Mar 29, 2013
>>
>>8188498
I figured they'd have to get in the right orbit, and that it would take a few trips around the Earth, but didn't think it would take 2 days! Thanks for the info.
>>
>>8188503
Its more because they want to approach from precisely the right angle and at the right speed so the chances of crashing and fucking up the capsule or the station are as low as possible
>>
>>8188518
which likely has more to do with overly conservative NASA approach rather than any physical necessity.
>>
File: Soyuz_rocket_ASTP.jpg (2MB, 1856x2723px) Image search: [Google]
Soyuz_rocket_ASTP.jpg
2MB, 1856x2723px
These things are aesthetic as fuck, when the engines lit and the whole thing shook on the pad MUH DICK
>>
>>8188522
Yes, of course? Although this has nothing or little to do with NASA since its a russian rocket
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.