[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the answer to this problem bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (75KB, 1152x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1152x649px
Bayesian is the way?
>>
>>8187193
Answer cannot be A because if the answer were A then it would also be D which is a contradiction. With only B and C there is no way for it to be 60% this B is the correct answer
>>
Ill-defined problem, the space you are trying to define a probablity on is non-measurable.
>>
>>8187200
But how can be 50% chance to answer randomly right if there are 4 answers, and only b) is right?

1- There is 25% chance to answer randomly right a 4 question test
2- In this case there are 2 "correct" answers, so 50%
3- If 50% is correct, there is only 25% to answer this question right at random
4- Go to 1
>>
>>8187193
It's self-referential, so you'll end up with a paradox of sorts. You can easily see this, assume that a.) is the right answer, then 2/4 of the answers are correct, which means that b.) is the correct answer, but if b.) is the correct answer then you'll have a 1/4 chance of picking it at random, so a.) is the correct answer.... So you might be tempted to say that C must be the correct answer, but you'd be wrong since if C was the correct answer then there would be a 1/4 chance of picking C at random, which then leads us back to the above problem.

What this shows is that there is no answer that isn't contradictory.
>>
File: 1467808386555.jpg (98KB, 1152x649px) Image search: [Google]
1467808386555.jpg
98KB, 1152x649px
>>
Assume the answer is 25%. which is a 1/4 chance to get the answer correct, but notice that 25% appears twice, so this is 50%. But wait, we assumed the answer was 25% and not 50% so contradiction.

Assume the answer is 50%. This means there is a 2/4 chance you'll get the answer but there is actually a 1/4 chance, which is a contradiction. Answer is not 50%.

Assume the answer is 60%, but there is a 25% chance you'll get 60% which is a contradiction.
>>
i thought this was a frequentist vs bayesian inference thread, how naive of me
>>
>>8187193
No answer
>>
>>8187193
Why not quickly write a script that picks 1,000,000 answers at random and compare the results?
>>
>>8187193
These stupid fucking threads need to be banned from this board
>>
>>8187443
That decides nothing, it's just white noise.
>>
0%
>>
>>8187208
Choices A and D were eliminated. It is now a question with 2 answer choices. No where does it state you have to consider all choices when picking an answer at random.
>>
BAYE'S IS BAE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.